Wedding Reception on ship but not wedding

poohs4me

Does anyone know if this is doable? Who would I call at the cruise line? What do I ask? I understand if I say wedding they tell you to talk to Royal Romance. I don't even know where to start.

Background: We are not getting married through the ship. I have made arrangements with someone in port. However, we are now getting a little bit of pressure to arrange something for when we get back to the ship. There are only 9 of us total, so the packages that seem to be offered on RCCL seem to be more than we need. We keep saying that we could all meet in a lounge and just hang out, but I think the people with us are looking for something a little more organized. You know cake or something. So has anyone been in this situation and if so do you have any ideas?

Does anyone know if this is doable? Who would I call at the cruise line? What do I ask? I understand if I say wedding they tell you to talk to Royal Romance. I don't even know where to start.

Background: We are not getting married through the ship. I have made arrangements with someone in port. However, we are now getting a little bit of pressure to arrange something for when we get back to the ship. There are only 9 of us total, so the packages that seem to be offered on RCCL seem to be more than we need. We keep saying that we could all meet in a lounge and just hang out, but I think the people with us are looking for something a little more organized. You know cake or something. So has anyone been in this situation and if so do you have any ideas?

Call RCCL customer service and ask whom you can speak with about arranging a cocktail party for yourself and your guests.

When I last checked it was $18 pp for one hour of appetizers and booze and an additional $8 pp for a second hour of booze only.

You can always arrange to have a cake delivered to the party to celebrate your "gathering". The cake will cost, but not so much. Shoot, smuggle on cake decorations and write on it yourself!

You can also grab dinner reservations at Portofino's or Chops for 9 people but go there ASAP once you get on board so that you will have your pick of dining times. I arranged dinner for 2 for DH's b-day and got 8:00 pm. When I called up to make it a reservation for 8, we got 9 pm reservations. I would have preferred earlier but, buy the time everyone chimed in that they wanted to go, that was all they had. Desert is included at a specialty restaurant and you can also order a cake to help celebrate.

Hope this helps!

We were not married through RCL (hired a private wedding coordinator and got married in a private villa at one of the ports of call). On the first day of the cruise we spoke to the matri'd of Portofinos and arranged to have the entire restaurant booked for the evening (we had 80 people) and they were able to arrange it for us despite not making wedding arrangements through Royal Romance. I'm confident that RCL will be able to arrange something for you.

• 2 weeks later...

So I called and the reservationist said they do not do cocktail parties for my size group. She gave me the email address of the dining place to see if they would help, but its been a few days and I have not heard a response. Does anyone have other ideas?

Why not just buy a cake and have it delivered to your table at dinner? That could be nice. You could even do a toast and order a couple bottles of wine (or bring your own). Afterwards you can hit the bars/lounges.

We should be back on board the ship by 2PM and dinner is not until 5:30 or 6, so I was looking for something to do in between. We have toyed with the idea of just going to the bar/lounge and having everyone's drinks on us. I know I could order a cake as well. We also thought about doing something in our room, but its a D1 category and 9 in there would be AWFULLY crowded.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I will add it to our list of options.

Archived