Leo

rudy351

I highly recommend Henry "Leo" Plaate as a tour guide while on Curacao. Our party of 8 (4 adults, 4 kids age 7 - 16) spent the day with him in March, 2008. Many reasons why I recommend Leo:

1. Great price! Much less than other tour guides I contacted. Also, he did not require a deposit (never had any problem giving my credit card number out to hold a reservation, but I prefer not too).

2. Met us right at the dock as promised

3. Great email communication while we planned our day

4. Was very flexible in his scheduling once we got there - things we hadn't thought we wanted to see then decided we did (and glad we did). ALso never felt like Leo was rushing us through things. We took our time. Leo was also very cool about us going overtime with our time booked (since we added stops as we went along)....never mentioned the extra hour and didn't bill us for it.

5. Minibus was comfortable, clean, air conditioned. Leo was an excellent and safe driver. He was amazing at finding hidden things like iguanas up in trees and weird birds. Also, we did see one of the tours from Curacao-Actief, and it was a pick up truck with two rows of seats along the sides in back facing each other (so you sit knee to knee) in the open air back of the truck....this looked so uncomfortable to me - I was glad we didn't book with them....

6. Took us to great places and really guided us, didn't just hang back at the minibus. Leo climbed down into caves with my kids (where I wouldn't go) and showed them all sorts of cool stuff. When we went snorkeling, Leo came down to the beach with us, watched our stuff (though it didn't feel like there was any danger of theft), but more importantly watched all of us intently....he is a volunteer with the island's scuba rescue service, and I had no doubt that if one of us got into trouble in the water, Leo would have jumped in to help us. Very reassuring when traveling with 4 kids.

7. Leo is a wealth of knowledge. Really interesting, answered all our questions from geological formations to history and architecture. Loves his island and he shows it.

8. There is so much to see on Curacao that I am glad we didn't just go and sit on one beach. You have got to see Boka Pistol and the caves, as well as snorkel at tugboat and some of the other beaches. See the wild flamingos and the liquor factory.....you need someone who knows how to get you around the island.

We all thought Leo was just a great guide and would book with him again in a heartbeat. The contact information I have for him is:

leo@interneeds.net

cell phone: (5999)567-6654

ENJOY!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What sights did you see on your tour. There seems to be a lot to see, but we also want some time to snorkel (an hour is probably lots for us). Does Leo have a suggested itinerary that you can build from.

How long is the tour?

Thanks

Archived