Electric Plugs

hELP, IT IS OUR FIRST CRUISE AND IT IS ON THE EMERALD, INFO PLEASE DO THE CABINS HAVE TEA MAKING FACILITIES AND DO THEY HAVE PLUGS FOR IRONS AND HAIR TONGS ETC. MY HUSBAND IS A DIABETIS AND COULD NEED A WARM DRINKAT ANY TIME. ANY OTHER INFOR REGARDING THE SHIP AND WHATR TOWEAR ETC WOULD BE GRATEFUL....

Have a browse through this site there is loads of info....Briefly they don't have tea making equipment in the cabins but there is tea/coffee/hot water available 24 hours a day in the buffet. You are not allowed to use irons in your cabin on any ship because of the fire hazard, but there is a laundry service which you have to pay for...or adopt the creased look!!!

there are European type sockets (if I remember correctly!) and I do know that it is only 110 volts on the Emerald so not sure if tongs will work ...you will need to check. Hope this helps a bit.

We loved this ship ...quite an elderly lady but clean and comfortable and food, entertainment, staff all excellent. No complaints whatsoever!!!

hELP, IT IS OUR FIRST CRUISE AND IT IS ON THE EMERALD, INFO PLEASE DO THE CABINS HAVE TEA MAKING FACILITIES AND DO THEY HAVE PLUGS FOR IRONS AND HAIR TONGS ETC. MY HUSBAND IS A DIABETIS AND COULD NEED A WARM DRINKAT ANY TIME. ANY OTHER INFOR REGARDING THE SHIP AND WHATR TOWEAR ETC WOULD BE GRATEFUL....

See my reply on the second page of the "1st Time Thomson" thread.

No they don't have tea making facilities in the cabin. We take a small travelling kettle, which will boil enough water for two cuppa's. You must have the two pin adaptor though, you'll find the adaptor invaluable! (I'm sure you can get the travel kettle from Argos or some such shop).

The Emerald is a very relaxed ship with tremendous crew so there's no need to worry about "Air's and Grace's". In my opinion the main criteria is that you are relaxed, be comfortable in who you are and what you want to wear.

I would suggest, that as previously stated on these boards, wear want you want to during the day according to the weather etc, slacks, shorts, itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini.................be comfortable, that's all !

For the evening, again, wear what you're comfortable in ! I'm no David Emmanuel but a nice combination.......................girl's help me out here for goodness sake !!!!

For your OH, he can wear slacks with short sleeved shirt or polo shirt or shirt and tie....................for the formal night a suit is adequate, if he has a Tux so be it, wear it, that's if you want to attend. Nothing on board is compulsory, it's your holiday !!!!!!

It may be an idea to inform reception staff that your hubby is a diabetic and see what they offer, I don't know, perhaps other board members can advise you better than me ?

Also, you don't have to go on all the excursions which can be expensive. You can opt for making your own way ashore to see the sights but make sure you agree fare's etc with the taxi driver etc. Speak to fellow cruise members who will gladly give you cost effective tips as will your cabin steward ( This person will be worth his/her weight in gold )

Have a great cruise

Have just returned from our 1st time on the Spirit (have cruised numerous times with other companies). We took a small travel kettle because, altho drinks are available 24/7, it's nice to be quiet in the cabin, sometimes, after a long day ashore. As has been said, it's twin round plug & there is a choice of 110v or 220 sockets.

There are 4 launderettes aboard Spirit, in addition to the laundry service, so I assume there will be irons in the laundry rooms.

Much of my clothing was "adaptable" i.e I could dress it up or down by adding, subtracting accessories, like nice scarves etc. I managed to sort out tops & skirts that don't really crease too much / at all, so that was a bonus.

It was a 1 week cruise, so just 1 formal night & most fellas were in tux or at least a smart suit & tie. thiose who chose not to participate stood out like sore thumbs!

Ladies were in a mixture of outfits most nights. Some chose to dress up whilst others were smart, smart casual & casual. I have to say i was pretty casual when the trips had run on longer than planned & wll I wanted was to eat a snack & retire!

Whatever your style / preference, you'll be fine. :)

To avoid any confusion ....Emerald does not have any laundry facilities for passenger use (i.e. launderette) and it has just 110 v power (I even asked if the sockets in the corridors were 220 volts to run the vacuum cleaners but they said they were 110 as well!). It is a smaller ship than the Spirit or Celebration which do have laundry facilities and both 110 and 220 volt power.

Archived