Help in Baltimore

sdfolsom

We will be sailing out of Baltimore this July. Can anyone tell me the best way to get from BWI to the port? Also, we will be flying out late the day we return and would like to go down to the inner harbor. Is there a way to leave our luggage at BWI and grab mass transit to the area? What mass transit goes to the inner harbor? Are there any sight seeing tours that leave from the port area? Thanks for any info.

Sorry I can't help you specifically, just wanted to suggest that you might find more info on the East Coast Departures board from people who have sailed out of Baltimore. Since they haven't really started yet for this season you might have to do a search using 'Baltimore' and maybe that will bring up some info. Have fun.:)

We will be sailing out of Baltimore this July. Can anyone tell me the best way to get from BWI to the port? Also, we will be flying out late the day we return and would like to go down to the inner harbor. Is there a way to leave our luggage at BWI and grab mass transit to the area? What mass transit goes to the inner harbor? Are there any sight seeing tours that leave from the port area? Thanks for any info.

Since Baltimore's cruise terminal is not nearly as active as terminals in FL, there really aren't many shuttles that run between the airport and the cruise terminal to my knowledge. Same for tours. This is a really limited cruise port that doesn't have a ton of sailings. They are working hard to make it a more popular port and have just built a new terminal, so it's nice, just not real active yet.

It's only about a 10 - 15 minute drive and you can most likely get a cab right at the airport for about $20. Or, here is one shuttle service I found: http://www.baltimoretours.net/tours/tourDetail.cfm?tour_id=6991

As far as the return trip, I'm sure you can check your bags at the airport and then go to the harbor. The company I listed above has a shuttle from the airport to the harbor too. http://www.baltimoretours.net/tours/tourDetail.cfm?tour_id=6992 They also have some tours listed you may want to check out.

But, this may be a better deal:

Private Car/RMA Worldwide Chauffeured Transportation serves the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area. RMA provides round trip services, immaculate late model luxury sedans, limousines and vans, professional chauffeurs, and 24-hour service. Please ask about group services. Please make reservations online at www.rmalimo.com. All major credit cards accepted.

Baltimore 410-519-0000

Washington 301-912-0000

Nationwide 800-878-7743

Sample sedan rate transfers are listed below. Estimates updated Spring 2007.

Baltimore (Inner Harbor area)$57

Hopefully, this will give you some places to start. Have a great trip!

• 1 month later...

Your very best bet would be to rent a car for the day. That way you could put your luggage in the trunk, head to the Inner Harbor and be back to BWI for your flight. Unless your airline allows you to check luggage early there are no lockers to store them since 911. You could take the transfer to BWI, pick up the car, go exploring for the day and return in time for your flight.

As others stated since we are a small port (sailing wise) there isn't the same level of service as you would find in FL or NY. Perhaps Enterprise can "pick you up" at the pier since they advertise that they will do that. We have a wonderful city but it is best explored with luggage by car.

We leave for Bermuda on 7-26-08 so happy sailing!

Archived