Thomson Destiny - Info please

Hi,

We're staying on the Destiny in May for a week after falling in love with cruising on the celebration last year.

We have read various reviews about the ships and really can't wait. However we are a little concerned about the plug sockets as some have said there aren't any in the room. Could anyone let me know what plug sockets they have in the room, what adaptor we would need to use them and if they are in an accesible place! We've read of someone having to charge their mobile at the reception over night and this would not be practical for us.

We're due to stay on deck 2 or 3 if that makes any difference at all!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Lkelly

Hi,

We're staying on the Destiny in May for a week after falling in love with cruising on the celebration last year.

We have read various reviews about the ships and really can't wait. However we are a little concerned about the plug sockets as some have said there aren't any in the room. Could anyone let me know what plug sockets they have in the room, what adaptor we would need to use them and if they are in an accesible place! We've read of someone having to charge their mobile at the reception over night and this would not be practical for us.

We're due to stay on deck 2 or 3 if that makes any difference at all!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Lkelly

There is always a socket available in your cabin but you must have the correct adaptor which can be bought from Argos or similar. The adaptor is the two round pronged type. We've never had a problem with them.

I've seen people handing over their mobiles at reception for charging. I've got to be blunt and honest here, mobiles on holiday is my pet hate, why oh why does one need a mobile on holiday !!!

I feel a rant coming on about them so best I finish now :mad: otherwise have a great cruise.

Hi Ikelly,

We were on Destiny at easter on deck 3. In our cabin you needed to use a 2 flat pin adaptor (usa style). The voltage was 110 so you need to check that your mobile phone charger will work on 110 or get a step down transformer. All our mobile chargers did, as did the camera charger. We also got a set of multi voltage hair straighteners from Argos to use. The plug socket was next to the light switch for the light above the dressing table mirror. There is also the tv plug socket that can be used but it is awkward to get to. Hope you enjoy your cruise, we did.

Cheers Chris

Thanks for all your help. Never been a particular fan of mobiles on holiday either, but unfortunately a poorly Grandad is making it a necessity this year.

Good tip with the straightners and using ebay for the adaptors!

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for all your help. Never been a particular fan of mobiles on holiday either, but unfortunately a poorly Grandad is making it a necessity this year.

Good tip with the straightners and using ebay for the adaptors!

Thanks everyone!

Hiya,

Hope your Grandad gets better and his illness doesn't spoil your cruise.

The socket in the cabin is above the dessing table mirror. It is the US type with 2 flat pins. We bought a US charger for our Nokia, which is quicker. Some of the chargers on phones are auto dual voltage, so check yours out. We saw some ladies out in the corridor using hair straightners. Ther are 240v English sockeys out there at ceiling hight, Ask the steward first, I don't think they will object.

Archived