First time on NCL - which room?

dolphinwyo

Hi -

We are new to NCL - getting ready to book for next spring. We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 8, 4), and am trying to decide on a room. Looking at an AF minisuite vs. oceanview, with price difference of $900 total for the trip. We have never had a balcony or suite - always oceanview on Carnival. Is the balcony and extra room worth the $900 more? Are the oceanview rooms for 4 the same as Carnival with the pullman beds? Thanks for any info.

Hi -

We are new to NCL - getting ready to book for next spring. We are a family of 4 (2 kids ages 8, 4), and am trying to decide on a room. Looking at an AF minisuite vs. oceanview, with price difference of $900 total for the trip. We have never had a balcony or suite - always oceanview on Carnival. Is the balcony and extra room worth the $900 more? Are the oceanview rooms for 4 the same as Carnival with the pullman beds? Thanks for any info.

We also travel as a family of four and usually with Carnival. Have been on two NCL past cruises and are cruising on the Jewel 9 day Southern Caribbean next spring. The outside cabins on NCL are smaller than Carnival (Valor, Freedom type of ship). A Balcony cabin is a bit larger and would probably be more comfortable for four, however that will depend on what you preferences as well as your budget is. We booked a balcony and have two lower beds, a single sofa and a pullman bed (from the wall).

I do not know about the mini suite, I am sure it will be more comfortable (larger).

Have a great trip.:)

They aren't showing any balconies available - except for the minisuite. I don't know if they are all booked or what. The only choice was oceanview and then minisuite. The tub isn't a big deal, the 4 y.o. will shower, but space might be an issue. I assume the balcony doors have locks high enough out of reach? We didn't spend a ton of time in our room last cruise - so hard to justify $900 extra.....I just don't know.

I called NCl - the website isn't showing any balconies available, but when I called I was told they are available? Anyway - it is $600 more from Oceanview to balcony, and $900 more to minisuite....

Are there nice "adult only" places on the Star to sit outside and watch the water? Do you use your balcony much at night - or is it too dark and windy to enjoy? Decisions, decisions...at least they are of this variety though right? Thanks for any other answers, I appreciate the help.

Archived