Tour Store Day Sail

MattnDJsMom

Has anyone booked the Tour Store Full Day Sail to Nevis? We are sailing the Destiny in August and they said that they would adjust the time of the tour from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Our ship sails at 4:00 p.m. Is that enough time to make it back to the ship? I haven't seen much about them on the boards so I am a little hesitant booking with them. I would appreciate anyone's help. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I'm in St Kitts right now and looking online for something to do because the Tour Store canceled the trip and didn't feel they needed to inform until I arrived. And since it left at all the same time as the ship excursions I am SOL and looking for something to do.

DO NOT BOOK WITH THE TOUR STORE!!!

I am so sorry to hear that you got stuck with "nothing" to do. That really sucks! I actually decided a long time ago not to use them because they never responded to my questions via email and I sent them more than once. I was also leery of them because I couldn't find anyone who had used them and I just didn't feel comfortable booking with them without having a frame of reference. We are going to book with Thenford Grey and take his tour. He's gotten rave reviews from CCers. Hope you were able to find something!!

I am so sorry to hear that you got stuck with "nothing" to do. That really sucks! I actually decided a long time ago not to use them because they never responded to my questions via email and I sent them more than once. I was also leery of them because I couldn't find anyone who had used them and I just didn't feel comfortable booking with them without having a frame of reference. We are going to book with Thenford Grey and take his tour. He's gotten rave reviews from CCers. Hope you were able to find something!!

Can you give me more info or a website for Thenford grey? Thanks

Well my day did end up working out. The tour store is literally right off the terminal in a little shop. Very easy to find. They did refund my money so no problems there. DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM. They cancel trips if they don't have enough people and don't tell you until you show up. (in case more people book last minute) And my trip was scheduled to leave the same time as the Carnival excursion so I couldn't go to that one either.

I had made some friends onboard who were going to Cockel shell beach. I ended up going there instead. Nice day so swimming, awesome snorkeling, and a great bbq restaurant right on the beach. So it all worked out.

I am going to do a separate post warning people to stay away from the Tour Store.

Thanks so much for the warning....I am so glad that things worked out for you and that you ended up enjoying your day. I had gotten suspicious of the Tour Store when they stopped responding to my emails and I couldn't find anyone on cruise critic that had actually used them. It just didn't seem right to me so I decided to just look elsewhere.

Thenford Grey has a nice tour at a very reasonable price and everyone on CC raves about him so I think he is pretty safe bet. If you are interested in his tours go to wwwdotthenfordgreydotcom.

Good luck and happy cruising!!

Archived