Piano Bar Reception Question???

:rolleyes: We have a Carnival wedding booked on the Inspiration out of Tampa and we have reserved the Piano Bar. Question is what type of music do they play???? I have gone on Carnival Cruises in the past and the Piano Bar at night is always a Fun Sing-a-long party place, as cheesy as this sounds that is what I want, Fun Sing-a-Long Party for my reception, we have a loud bunch going with us. Has anyone out there had their reception in the piano bar???? What music was playing???? :D

:rolleyes: We have a Carnival wedding booked on the Inspiration out of Tampa and we have reserved the Piano Bar. Question is what type of music do they play???? I have gone on Carnival Cruises in the past and the Piano Bar at night is always a Fun Sing-a-long party place, as cheesy as this sounds that is what I want, Fun Sing-a-Long Party for my reception, we have a loud bunch going with us. Has anyone out there had their reception in the piano bar???? What music was playing???? :D

My first thought is that you are going to have to pay for a piano player to provide music. "The Piano Bar" is just your reception location.

Perhaps you should verify thru CCL?

I had my reception in the Piano bar on the Carnival Legend in May of 2005. The Piano Player played:o clasical background music. It was very elegant. There were cocktail servers in addition to the bar tender. The food spread with the vegetable and ice sculptures made for a lovely reception.

My first thought is that you are going to have to pay for a piano player to provide music. "The Piano Bar" is just your reception location.

Perhaps you should verify thru CCL?

I agree. Our reception is in the disco on the Conquest but we had to pay extra to have the DJ available to play recorded music (we're bringing our own CDs.)

I have already paid the extra money for the Piano Player, I just wanted to see if anyone out there had the Piano player play a variety of music, and if they were able to have a first dance???

WELL, in that case!!!

I would think that you could have the piano player play anything that your two hearts might desire!!! And, of courss you could have a first dance! You may have to restrict your "movement" depending on how "big" the area is, but dance, girl, dance!!!

One thing that strikes me to say to you is, for any song that you really, really, really want to have played at your reception, consider bringing sheet music "just in case" the piano player doesnt know it by heart.

Congrats and happy sailing!

what day are you getting married? i am also getting maried on inspiration and have booked th pianist as well... :)

We are getting married on Aug 1st, 2009, we have a ways to go, I get more and more excited as each day passes. I see that you are getting married in June, you will have to write a review to let me know how everything went..... Congrats on your up coming date.....:)

Archived