Honeymooners...

• 3 weeks later...
My fiance and I will be getting married in Chicago on 9/19/09. We just booked a cruise for our honeymoon and will be going to the Mediterranean on the Carnival Dream on 9/21/09. I'm so excited! Seriously, I could just skip the wedding and head to the honeymoon now! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
My DF and I are getting married in Cyprus (Paphos) and having a week there (about 40 friends & Family coming) flying back to England on the Wed then out to the States on the Thursday, will have Thursday - Sat in Miami, were staying in South Beach, then 1 week on the Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas sailing to Eastern Caribben in a Aft Balcony Cabin so extra large Balcony ;) then back to port on the following Sat and a quick drive up to Orlando for the remaining 4 days to see friends & spend our last fun times at the parks (we have a little boy now so would never get to go in peace and quiet again lol)

Ohhh im sooooooo excited!!

Congratulations to everyone. Typically, the most that cruise lines do for honeymooners is host some type of honeymooners get-together, often with cake and bubbly. Sometimes there will be a special dessert or cake at dinner one evening with the waitstaff singing or similar. A few cruise lines have a bottle of bubbly waiting in the cabin. Sometimes TAs will arrange (and pay for--these are not usually free goodies from the cruise line) for special things (gift baskets, wine/bubbly, etc.) for the couple.

Once in a blue moon, honeymooners will be upgraded in cabin category, but it is rare. In most of those cases, the upgrade happens more because the cruise line wants to resell the original cabin and less because you are listed as being on your honeymoon. When we hear reports from members who were upgraded on their honeymoon, I tend to assume it was either paid for by family, friends, or even their TA or that the cruise line had their own business reasons for doing so. You must remember that there are often, if not usually these days, hundreds of couples honeymooning on any given cruise. As well, there can be at least that many couples celebrating special anniversaries. On one of our RCI cruises, there were more than 200 honeymooning couples, another 100+ couples celebrating special anniversaries (including us), and who knows how many other pax celebrating other special occassions. It's not feasible, practical, or really reasonable to expect the mass market cruise lines to do extensive special perks for so many people. I believe that the premier lines (Crystal, for example) might have more perks for honeymooners. OTOH, those cruises come with a premium price. I've always pretty much figured that our special days are extremely special and meaningful for us, but for the cruise lines, they really aren't.

May all your weddings and honeymoons be joyous and eventful in only the best of ways.

beachchick

My wife and I eloped at our 1st stop in Grand Cayman on 7 mile beach and then went on the 5 other days for our honeymoon... We had a great time and because we saved so much we are cruiding again for our 1 year anniversary!

Archived