Voyager butler

Can I ask those of you have experience of this matter, if I wanted to host a little get together with new friends in my suite would my butler organise this for me, invitations, food and drinks etc and do RSSC charge you extra for this service?

Ninabelina

In response to your question about a "butler assisted" gathering. The Regent Website has the following:

"Butler ServiceFor those who desire an enhanced level of individualized service, our Butler service is the ultimate prerequisite. Need an appointment in the Spa? Want to hold a cocktail party in your suite? Have a gift delivered? Assist in making reservations at Signatures? Arrange for a private car in Monte Carlo? Our skilled Butlers do it all, quickly, competently and without fuss.

Seven Seas Voyager's exclusive Butler service is available in 88 suites in categories B and higher."

On another matter, we enjoyed your comments comparing yourself to Mrs. Bucket. We too are on the Voyager Crossing on Deck Ten and pity the poor Butler if he has responsibility for both your and our suites. Our friends jokingly ask "what would Mrs. Bucket say or do" in a given situation. We have seen the episodes so many times and can almost quote her line for line.

Look forward to sailiing with a fellow Mrs. Bucket devotee on the Voyager!

TravellersTwo

Ninabelina

In response to your question about a "Butler assisted" gathering, the RSSC website has the following:

"For those who desire an enhanced level of individualized service, our Butler service is the ultimate prerequisite. Need an appointment in the Spa? Want to hold a cocktail party in your suite? Have a gift delivered? Assist in making reservations at Signatures? Arrange for a private car in Monte Carlo? Our skilled Butlers do it all, quickly, competently and without fuss.

Seven Seas Voyager's exclusive Butler service is available in 88 suites in categories B and higher."

Also wanted to take this opportunity to tell you we enjoyed your comments comparing yourself to Mrs. Bucket. We too are on the Voyager Crossing in November and on Deck Tean. We pity the poor Butler if he has the responsibility for both your and our suites. Our friends ask us for "Mrs. Bucket advice" all thetime. We have seen the epsiodes some many times we can almost quote her line for line.

Look forward to sailiing with a fellow Mrs. Bucket devotee on the Voyager!!

TravellersTwo

My dear Travellers Two, you will be first on my list for a candle lit supper, and of course I naturally expect that the Captain will be attending my little soiree. I do hope my butler will be up to the challenge. I understand that my suite will have room for a pony ( with impeccable table manners!) and that none of my guests will spill anything on my super delux carpet covering with 3 inch pocket sprung underlay!!!.....How's that for Mrs Bucket?

NinaBelina

Travellers Two,

I am afraid to bring my best china incase the seas are a little rough, I couldn't burden the butler with my perrywinkles, now could I? I'm told that RSSC are purveyors of the finest china and I'd rather they chipped their own than damage mine! I am of course very steady on my feet, I trip around like the finest ballerina.............

Ninabelina a ballerina!!

( I am taking up poetry now!!):)

Travellers Two,

I am afraid to bring my best china incase the seas are a little rough, I couldn't burden the butler with my perrywinkles, now could I? I'm told that RSSC are purveyors of the finest china and I'd rather they chipped their own than damage mine! I am of course very steady on my feet, I trip around like the finest ballerina.............

Ninabelina a ballerina!!

( I am taking up poetry now!!):)

I wondered what had happened to Pam Ayres

Dear Lord of the Seas,

Do pardon me please,

You are such a tease,

My poetry earns Fees,

and pays for the Fleas,

to be removed from my knees.......OK, Ok, so I ain't no Pam Eyres, but write me a poem if ye dares!!!!

Ninabelina....who obviously has nothing better to do today!

Ninabelina

Your effort at poetry has prompted me to inquire as to the possiblility of discussing the formation of an amateur operatics and poetry group during one of your candle light suppers. This could provide proper entertainments whilst sailing or those of us of quality.

Of course we would need to insure that those participating would be only of the highest calibre of fellow voyagers and not members of the tourist classes.

TravellersTwo

Ninabelina

Of course we would need to insure that those participating would be only of the highest calibre of fellow voyagers and not members of the tourist classes.

TravellersTwo

Tourist Class = Slums

I roll on the floor with your coments!!!:D

Dearest Travellers Two,

I of course have great experience in theatricals and operatics, no one could touch my Mimi. Puccini would have warmly embraced me had he heard my melodic tones ( by the throat no doubt!) My butler will ask all my guests to sing an introduction as they enter my palatial suite ( with room for a pony, deep pile carpet with 3 inch pocket sprung underlay) Do be careful when entering though as I would hate any stillettos to become caught in the pile ( 100% wool of course) One does like to glide when making an entrance ( hopefully not straight out onto the balcony and over the side!) I shudder to think what would happen if you grasped one of my silver candlarbras as you slid past. Richard would just have to leap forth and make a brave rescue attempt as you shot over the side. You of course would safely hit the lifeboats on deck 7. My candalarbra would be saved by becoming wedged in the expensive teak balcony furniture on my fully laid teak embossed balcony.

I shall so look forward to meeting you at my soiree, if you know of any other people of quality and note to invite I will get my butler to appraise them. Of course they should only be upper deck types. We do not fraternise with the 'below decks' people. ( Theres plenty of them back home at our house!!!)

ninabelina

My dear Travellers Two, you will be first on my list for a candle lit supper, and of course I naturally expect that the Captain will be attending my little soiree. I do hope my butler will be up to the challenge. I understand that my suite will have room for a pony ( with impeccable table manners!) and that none of my guests will spill anything on my super delux carpet covering with 3 inch pocket sprung underlay!!!.....How's that for Mrs Bucket?

NinaBelina

The Captain? Do you normally dine with the help?

Ninabelina

It is truly encouraging to see that there will be others of quality on board.

We noted you are embarking in Funchal. We're sure that pressing social and government affairs prevent you from joining sooner. Since we are embarking in Rome we will be able to establish the highest standards of quality prior to your arrival.

Closer to departure we must exchange appropriate information in order to faciliate our meeting each other. Of course people of quality are easliy spoted. To locate us, just look for Onslo and Richard dressed appropriately in nautical attire enjoying liquid refreshments and canapes at one of the upper class lounges.

Another thought about ensuring that those of quality meet. Perhaps we should begin a "persons of quality only" Roll Call it could appropriately be called the "Bucket Brigade".

TEDC

I am sure Ninabelina is extending a candle light supper invitation to the Captain merely as a matter of protocol. It does come in handy to have a Captain about at such functions to help coordinate the serving staff.

TravellersTwo

Dearest Travellers Two

You are obviously a person of great standing to realise that I have previous pressing engagements that prevent me from embarking sooner. I will of course expect a red carpet ( with no pile, so as not to trip!)

As you will have smoothed the way for my arrival preparing other cruisers that someone of great standing and quality is about to board, perhaps you could also meet the Captain just to confirm that he has all the social graces needed to partake in one of my upmarket suppers commanding my brigade of butlers. ( TedC was right of course, well spotted!)

I will be easily spotted on the quayside by the knotted hanky on my head and the Union Jack pashmina. Richard will be there struggling along bravely after me with my all matching luggage bought from the very best bag shop in London, they have twin wheels you know, so that people will recognise a heavy but sturdy bag of quality.........Not Me! the suitcase!

We will have to arrange to meet, I think a roll call of the 'Bucket Brigade' would be fun! It seems a long way off but I do have a summer of garden fetes and evening concerts to attend and I will have to supervise my gardener with the gardening. He may well have trained at Kew but I couldn't bear it if he chopped off my Primula Candlabra!

Ninabelina:D :D

Archived