Fitness/Spa use on cruise ships

misty57

I have never used the spa/fitness center on a cruise ship. If I am able to reach my goal for our next cruise I intend to keep the weight off in spite of all that food! What classes or activities have you all been involved with on your cruises? Did you try something new? Which activities have a fee?

In my experience (I've only cruised Carnival), they charge a small fee for Spin, Yoga, and Pilates. Use of the gym equipment is free and the equipment itself is fine, though it can get a little crowded in there on sea days. I used the gym regularly on my first cruise and didn't gain; used it not at all on my second and gained five. :rolleyes:

In my experience (I've only cruised Carnival), they charge a small fee for Spin, Yoga, and Pilates. Use of the gym equipment is free and the equipment itself is fine, though it can get a little crowded in there on sea days.

Ditto for Royal Caribbean.

Lynn

• 2 weeks later...

misty57 - the gym & spa are my favorite places on the ship. I'll try most of the free classes and on our last cruise also took the for-fee mat pilates classes. That started a new habit for me back at my home gym, and now I'm really trying to get as fit while I'm home working (sitting) as I usually am by the end of a cruise. For fee classes are usually about $10 each.

Archived