Cabanas at Margaritaville in Grand Turk

kimscruisin

Are lounge chairs and umbrella included?

Lounge chairs are included, but I don't believe umbrellas. Looks like if you want shade you would get that from the porch of the cabana.

Here's a picture of the cabanas. http://grandturkcc.com/ImageGallery.aspx?GalleryID=12

Of course this is all pre IKE. The port is currently closed as the island had significant damage. We'll have to wait and see what everything looks like after they do the repairs and open the port again.

I went to my reservation on The Carnival website and clicked on book shore excursions and it showed Poolside Cabana. It is for $99 and only one person needs to book it, and it accomodates 4 people. The food and drinks are expensive at Jimmy Buffet's, but it was nice to have it delivered. You can order as much or little as you like, they leave a menu in the cabana, you push a button and the cabana person will come take your order as often as you like and it will be delivered. We did not have to wait long for service. We had Omar, and he provided great service. We feel the cabana made our day in Grand Turk much better. It is good you only have one ship that day. We were the only ship for a little while and it was not too crowded, but when the other ship arrived it got very crowded and quickly. Glad we had our own space.

I guess Carnival is much cheaper. Our Princess cruise charges $199.00 for the cabana.

:confused:

It's not showing now as an option for our cruise but then I know it's wait-listed, that could be reason.

Janette

I guess Carnival is much cheaper. Our Princess cruise charges $199.00 for the cabana.

:confused:

It's not showing now as an option for our cruise but then I know it's wait-listed, that could be reason.

Janette

Now that I think about it, it's Princess Cays that charges $199 for the cabanas, sorry! As you were!

Janette

John Heald's blog says most of the cabanas were blown away by Ike. Not sure when they'll be rebuilt.

Most of our beach cabanas have “taken off” somewhere but otherwise, all structures have survived well, with some sustaining minor roof damage.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/09/15/when-im-back-on-my-feet-again/

• 1 month later...

They are all gone:( we were there on Oct. 8 and none had been rebuilt and the flowrider was also shut down (not sure why) At that time power was going in and out so a lot of people had to wait for drinks until the cash registers came on again. The buildings looked good there and were open and the pool was good but we heard that the island was in terrible shape and the residents were out of power and some living in tents (so sad).

Missygirl

I was there on 10/21 and no Cabanas and no flow rider. You can see damage to the different buildings in Margaritaville. But it is open and business as usual.

At the bottom are 2 pictures. The one is of the destroyed Cabanas and our friends on the lounge chairs. And the second is looking at Margaritaville from the cruise dock. The best part was the Landshark beer was cold and plentiful.

Take care, Derek

DSC00807.jpg.591d8c5c20e1731f9da7662812239e92.jpg

DSC00813.jpg.018a34cca050c2442d133ae0d2f01670.jpg

DSC00816.jpg.ee30f9060aa60abcb8c4b11ec85d04ee.jpg

Archived