internet on boat

i have an ipod touch (same thing as the iphone but with no phone) i can get wifi, anywhere that has a wireless signal, as long as the internet provider dosent ask you for a password, does anyone know if i will be able to get internet from my ipod on the dream?

i have an ipod touch (same thing as the iphone but with no phone) i can get wifi, anywhere that has a wireless signal, as long as the internet provider dosent ask you for a password, does anyone know if i will be able to get internet from my ipod on the dream?

Nope - Login required and usage charged to you account at $.40 to $.75 per minute depending on plan

SurftheWave -

You should be able to get to the provider's entry page, where you will be provided with your usage choices: pay-as-you-go or a package of X minutes. Then you should be able to set up your Username and password. Just be sure to enlarge the display sufficiently so you can tap in the boxes.

I just came back from a trans-Atlantic crossing with my iPod touch. Successfully logged in, sent one e-mail and never got beyond the log-in page after that. No help from the Internet manager (not NCL, was on Brand X). It was their problem, not the iPod's. Had to get off the ship in various ports. Found lots of Internet Cafés, but only one had wi-fi (wee-fee in Spanish). Our hotel in Germany had a T-Mobile HotSpot, which worked nicely at 8 Euros/hour.

Just curious: Why the concern about password?

Archived