TA or through Carnival

Hello,

I would like to hear opinions on the pros and cons of booking directly with Carnival or through a local travel agent. (We have booked other things--including cruises- through a local travel agent and have been satisfied.)

Thanks,

Gale

when I was looking for myhoneymoon cruise I looked EVERYWEHRE to find the best deal and I found out there's no best deal.. It was prettymuch the smae price everywhere...

But, some TsAs will cut on their comission to give you a better deal but that will just depend on the volume they are working with and/or how well you know them.

I couldn't find a TA willing to "give me a better deal" just becasue it was high season and they wouldn't want to cut their comission in order to get me as a client..

I don't like using TAs.. I usually look online for everything and arrange reservations and travel documents myself, I find this cheaper and I don't mid managing all the paperwork and payments... but some people prefer a "problem free" vacation so they prefer a TA to do all that grunt work.

I dounbt a PVP from Carnival will cut his comission to give you a better deal... I ended up booking through my credit card compnay in order to get air miles.

Archived