RCI price drop or price reduction: help needed!

Hi all,

I did a search and still have questions about getting a price reduction. I apologize if this has been discussed a ton before but I would truly appreciate clarification. Thanks in advance for your help!!

1. What is the easiest route for getting a price reduction? Should I book my cruise through the RCI website or with a travel agent? My impression by reading the boards is that if you book through RCI directly, then you can call RCI and request a price adjustment.

2. What's the best way to find a price adjustment? Do you just check the RCI website? I have read to not look for price adjustments while logged into the RCI site or you might accidently change your room assignment.

3. What number do you call at RCI to get the price adjustment?

4. What do you need to tell RCI? That you saw a price drop? Do they need any type of proof?

5. Can you get more than one price adjustment?

6. Can you get a price drop after the final payment date has passed?

Is there anything else that I need to know? :o

I know this is a lot of questions!!! Thanks for your help and patience. :)

I appreciate it!

What is the easiest route for getting a price reduction? Should I book my cruise through the RCI website or with a travel agent? My impression by reading the boards is that if you book through RCI directly, then you can call RCI and request a price adjustment

You are right to think booking through RCI is better. Some will argue this point (usually the ones on this board who are T.A.'s), but......

If you find a price reduction at 9:00pm on Friday night, getting hold of your T.A. is next to impossible, then by Monday, the price is back up. You can call RCI 7 days per week as late as 11:00 pm, and they will honor all price reductions (except "Specials for New Bookings Only)- even after final payment.

Also, the only times I have ever had problems with my cruise bookings, is when I booked through a T.A. and they didn't do what they were supposed to or screwed something up and wouldn't / couldn't fix it. When this happened I was basically S.O.L. because RCI told me, "Sorry, but we can't help - You must contact your T.A."

What's the best way to find a price adjustment? Do you just check the RCI website?

Yes, that's what I do all the time. We have already spotted and received two $300 price reductions on our upcoming Panama Cruise.

What number do you call at RCI to get the price adjustment?

The same number you call to make your reservation:

866-562-7625

After you book your cruise, you may be given an "extension number" to reach the individual who booked for you - if so, use that too.

What do you need to tell RCI? That you saw a price drop?

Yes, - they will look it up via your "booking number"/invoice and compare what you booked compared to current price for your particular cabin catagory.

Once, I had a rep tell me I was wrong that the price was the same. I told him I knew what I was currently looking at and the price is $300 less. He kept telling me it wasn't and I said "GET ME YOUR SUPERVISOR". He put me on hold for two minutes and then came back and apologized (said he was looking at the wrong screen), and gave me the discount.

Is there anything else that I need to know?

LOTS - - keep reading these boards and gathering information. It's part of the fun of anticipating your upcoming cruise.

Hope This Helps.

Archived