Princess Shuttle from Stockholm Pier in FRIHAMNEN?

In doing some research, it seems the Royal Princess is planned to dock at a more distant pier from the Old Town in Stockholm. Does anyone know if there will be shuttle buses available or does one have to purchase local transportation?

Thanks.

We are on the crown princess June 19th saling and when we are in Stockholm we are supposed to be docked at Stadsgaarden 167 which is downtown. Apparently Princess used to use the port outide of the city but that has changed this year, so you might want to check your saling.

We are on the Crown Princess Sept 7th sailing and we dock at Berth FIRHAMNEN 638 according to Port of Stockholm website, but have not yet looked into exactly that would be in relation to the city.

• 3 months later...

You can book Princess transfers with the person you booked your cruise with, travel agent or Princess directly. Call them and find out if you have transfers on your reservation. If you do not ask for transfers to be added. You can have transfers added for either pre or post cruise or both. Pricing is per person. One more note: Ttransfers can only be applied to a booking once your flight details are on your reservation. It does not matter if you did your air on your own or with Princess. With Princess transfers when you arrive at the airport look for the Princess representative. If you have any other questions ask the person who booked your cruise. Hope this helps! And yes you are correct the pier is outside the city. Have a great cruise.

OK. I think I might be reading your post wrong.

I was on the Crown Princess, and it docked a long way from Stockholm (too long to walk). They offered us a shuttle for $l3 (maybe $ll, but I think $13) roundtrip to Stockholm for the day. It was convenient, paid in U.S. dollars when you boarded, and worked great.

Of course I am not sure that is what you are asking from the other posts.

Six of us got a free ride on the local city bus. But that was an unusual situation.

There are two buses (number 76 and number 1) that run right near the harbors that are very far from downtown. You will need some Swedish crones. We got ours aboard the ship. I show some photographs of the port and how we did the 'transfer' on the following web site.

http://www.*****.com/Stockholm.html

Dear Lear Bear....

I thought your web site is fantastic....and was a great help to me....for example in Helsinki we are thinking of taking a taxi from the ship to the Uspenski Cathedral and then walk from there to the other Cathedral in the centre but I had doubts abouth the distance between the 2, but from your photos I can now calculate that this is easily walkable.

Thanks for sharing your website with us. I think its great.

Archived