For All Those Complaining About The Food

Evilmille

My husband and daughter sailed the Gem last August to Alaska. Our family is used to good food (I am Italian) and we do splurge on good restaraunts from time to time. When they returned, both my daughter and husband said they had the best food they ever had.

So I am not worried about the food on the Dawn in June. If it passed my family's taste test, I am sure it will be great.

Unless the Dawn sucks and the Gem is that much better. I don't believe that is so.

My husband and daughter sailed the Gem last August to Alaska. Our family is used to good food (I am Italian) and we do splurge on good restaraunts from time to time. When they returned, both my daughter and husband said they had the best food they ever had.

So I am not worried about the food on the Dawn in June. If it passed my family's taste test, I am sure it will be great.

Unless the Dawn sucks and the Gem is that much better. I don't believe that is so.

I understand your point - your family members are tough food critics and they enjoyed the food on some NCL ship; it just wasn't the Gem. The Gem's first cruise was last October; in August it was still "in the factory" in Germany. ;)

It all depends on what your expectations are and what you are use to in dining... I found the food on the Pearl to be good middle of the road food but so much less quality that 20 years ago on cruise ships... Now companies like NCL are making it all most a necessity for a good steak, etc., that you pay to eat in a speciality restaurant...

We're Italian too (wife is Sicilian but anyway) and overall we loved the food on the Dawn last time. IMO nothing ever takes the place of a nice homecooked meal, BUT as far as "outside" food goes, it was very good.

Remember, if you don't see it on the menu, don't be afraid to ask for it. If possible, they'll get it for you. I had Eggs Benedict every morning in the Venetian last time. I think I read somewhere it's now part of the menu, but I'm not sure about that. It's my favorite breakfest.

Enjoy your Cruise! :)

We're Italian too (wife is Sicilian but anyway) and overall we loved the food on the Dawn last time. IMO nothing ever takes the place of a nice homecooked meal, BUT as far as "outside" food goes, it was very good.

Remember, if you don't see it on the menu, don't be afraid to ask for it. If possible, they'll get it for you. I had Eggs Benedict every morning in the Venetian last time. I think I read somewhere it's now part of the menu, but I'm not sure about that. It's my favorite breakfest.

Enjoy your Cruise! :)

did someone say hot dogs? oh...i guess i was just hearing things.

Sorry, it wasn't the Gem to Alaska in August, it was the Pearl. That's what happens when I don't get to go. I forget the ship's name.

But I will remember the Dawn because I am on this crusie Baby!

I love to cook, and am considered a very good one (or that is what some say) I do cook somewhat gourmet thus I am not referring to just the good down home cooking. I have always found the food on NCL good to very good. Yes, we have had a few meals I wouldn't want to repeat and yes, we have sailed on lines with better food, but certainly when reviewers come on and say, it was the worst ever or not as good as the cheap buffets at home I wonder where they usually eat and where they ate on the ship?

Nita

Archived