Restaurant in Les Baux de Provence

I know of two highly acclaimed and expensive restaurants in Les Baux, but can anyone recommend a place for a nice lunch there that will not cost an arm and a leg? I would particularly like a place with a view or patio. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Q52. We have been to Les Baux once and ended up picking up sandwiches (about a hundred yards from the entrance to the right at a Y). We initially tried to eat at two different restaurants, but both were packed. We definitely enjoy good food but in the case of Les Baux, this place is unbelievable. I wouldn't waste an hour of my precious excursion time eating. This is a place to explore and soak in some unbelievable scenery IMHO. I could have eaten a PB&J and been just fine- the views were better than any meal. Have a great trip!

aaaaaaaaaaah baux de provence, one of the most beautiful places i've ever seen. i agree with destin mom, if u have a short time have a look at the castel. costa cruises usually don't include the visit to the castel but they give at least 1 hour of free time, and u can buy the ticket there and visit it on your own. don't miss the castel on the tophill with the catapults because it's really amazing. watch out that there the wind is really strong and many of the steps are undermined by the wind. i really suggest u confortble shoes, the best i can suggest is hiking boots/shoes

I know of two highly acclaimed and expensive restaurants in Les Baux, but can anyone recommend a place for a nice lunch there that will not cost an arm and a leg? I would particularly like a place with a view or patio. Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, LES BAUX is a very enjoyable medieval village with great views that has no major population now. Tourist flock there to soak up its history and great views. I would strongly suggest that you should dine right near there at L'Outau de Beaumaniere for ONE OF THE BEST MEALS YOU CAN HAVE IN FRANCE. Dinner there in the evening would be very costly, but we found the lunch to be much more affordable. After all of the work climbing and doing Les Baux, the meal was pure heaven, allowing some time to rest and reflect on what you've just experienced. You can do cheaper, but you can't do better! That meal was a real highlight on our trip.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Archived