Discount Question

islasisterchick

I've noticed on several threads that people mention getting a discount on what they paid when their cabin category went down in price before they sailed. Does anyone know about this? I ask because last week our cabin category went down in price by $250 a person and I called to try to upgrade to a mini-suite since it's price was lowered to less than our balcony cabin. By the time my TA got through to Princess, supposedly that mini-suite price was gone, but the same-cat. balconies were still $250 less. My TA said she asked to have our price lowered and Princess rep. said they couldn't do that. But I've noticed at least 2 people on the board say in the past 2 weeks that Princess has called them and told them their price went down. So can someone tell me which one it is?? I understand why they can't lower everyone's price, but just wondering why they have for some people (at least one of these has never sailed with Princess.)

Thanks

Did the price go down after final payment date? If it did, that is the problem you are running into as Princess will not normally lower a price after final payment.

If not, well, I will wait until you answer the first question. ;)

I just checked your other posts and see you cruise June 1st, that explains it all. Since you are past final payment date, they will not lower your price. Your TA should have been able to explain that to you without a problem.

Princess runs specials after final payment date which are for 'new bookings only', to fill the ship. Which means since you are already booked and paid, you can not benefit from the price drops. Now, if this would have happened before you made final payment, then you would usually be able to benefit from it.

Have a great cruise!

Archived