MEET & MINGLE

blackpool belle

[font=Arial]Hi Chez - hope things are improving for you. I just wanted to say a big thank you for posting such a comprehensive reply to my question. Much appreciated.

Just got back from 19 nights on Oriana (did the Weekender and Venice trip). Absolutely fantastic cruise - had a Festival of Music at Sea Theme. The musicians were fantastic and we had a chance to sing Vivaldi Gloria and Faure Requiem. Great thing to do on a cruise.

As with you and others, I have come back with a cold and chest infection - and yes we were in an inside cabin but to be honest I don't think it was that as people were coughing all around the ship. The air conditioning is the same in the inside or outside cabin - but of course fresh air is available in balcony cabin [font=Wingdings]J[/font]

Take care
Graham

[/font]

I was glad to read that you had a good time on you cruise, but not so pleased to read that you had cold. So at lease we know it's not confinded to the Aurora.

Whilst you were away gmtv run a story, but my friend who heard it didn't hear the begining of the story so she didn't know which ship it was and what it was really about. She text'd me about it and I looked online at the news papers but couldn't find anything. I put a message on the cf website and someone answered right away and I logged onto bbc news southampton, but unfortunately they had put the Aurora, so I email p&o about 1pm asking what the infection was & also asked them about taping the aircon up at the same time. They replied at 5;45 and said they were out of the office until tues & would reply then. They did reply and said it was your ship not the Aurora which had had an outbreak of the novo virious thingy (not spelt right, but you know what I mean). With regards to taping the aircon up, I will have to speak to reception who will ask the engineers.

Back to your cruise, isn't it stunning when you go into venice, and pass all the cannals and the famous land marks. We wend right past the entrance to the grand cannal. People on our cruise who had flown into venice, said it was even more spectactular cruising in. Where else did you go on your cruise?

Finally, how did you get that smiley face at the end of your message.

Chez
:-)

Hi Chez

As my spelling is so bad - I tend to type a message in Word and then spell check and paste. The smiley came from Word [font=Wingdings]J[/font] and was pasted in with message.

Other places on cruise were: Malaga, Messini, Zakinithos, Dubrovnik, Venice, Split, Corfu, Syracuse, Palma. We also added the weekender to Bruges before setting off to Venice.

Great ports. Would go to all again but would do a trip from Messini.

Graham :)

Archived