Just off the Holiday

We were on her on June 21.

No smells, no water problems...actually no problems at all.

I did see some guys working on the bathroom in one cabin on Riviera.

They had a snake out.

But I figured that someone flushed something that should not have been flushed.

We had a couple of the least expensive cabins on the ship, but we still had the very best steward we have ever had. If you get Noel from the Philippines then count yourself lucky.

People were more casual in the dining room.

I did see some in caps, but very few.

And we encountered only nice folks.

I heard that a lady fell on an excursion to Merida and broke something, which seems to have been true.

I also heard that someone got put off the ship for misbehaving, but I don't know if it was true.

I did see them take several carts of luggage off in Cozumel.

This is the perfect one for the kids. It's CHEAP! I can't imagine trying to pay for 4 kids. Even if we were in the bowels of the ship with the pullman berths, I would have to go to the bank with a co-signer.

The price is great but if I'm going to fork out the $$ it will cost to take all 4 of them. I want a newer one with a bigger pool area. The pools on Holiday are not very big or very nice and I know my kids would want to spend a lot of time swimming. So we'll take them on one with a waterpark area or at least a big pool and more slides.

In the end it will cost more but I think they will enjoy it more so it will be worth it. I try not to think about how much it costs. LOL

The pools on Holiday are not very big or very nice.

This nails it right on the head. This was a major concern for me as pool & spa time is a highlight of the sea time. One hot tub was inoperable and all were made of faded cheap plastic. The rowdy kids diving & splashing in the hot tubs despite the signs that this was unacceptable was a major nuisance. :mad:

In the end it will cost more but I think they will enjoy it more so it will be worth it. I try not to think about how much it costs. LOL

How very true. :)

Truthfully, the only way I would get in a cruise ship pool is if I happen to be on fire.

So far, all the ship pools I have seen have been small and kind of icky.

That's kind of how I felt after finding out they weren't chlorinated. But I know the kids will want to swim so I want to keep the ickyness factor as low as possible with at least a pool that is in good condition.

It's hard to tell from the photos though because the Holiday pools look nice in pics, until you see them up close.

That's kind of how I felt after finding out they weren't chlorinated. But I know the kids will want to swim so I want to keep the ickyness factor as low as possible with at least a pool that is in good condition.

It's hard to tell from the photos though because the Holiday pools look nice in pics, until you see them up close.

I think the pool would be fine with fewer people.

Maybe early in the morning would be a good time for kids to hit the pool.

Kids were having a great time on the Holiday's slide.

I don't know exactly how they work, but salt water home pools are now the thing to have. People like them a lot better than the traditional chlorine pools and say that they are much easier on the skin.

I was the upper deck, didn't really notice it till Sunday night. It was worse on the empress deck. On the last day you could smell it on the Lido deck. It was strong at times but like you said not everyone experienced it. My uncle was on the main deck and he didn't smell. It is a small price to pay for a great vacation, I just wished they would fix the problem.

I am glad your uncle didn't smell! :eek: Sorry. I know what you meant but could not resist. We will take our first cruise on the Holiday in January. I hope I don't smell when we do!:rolleyes:

Archived