sju transportation logistics questions

teegeezfun

hi gang, thanks in advance for your experience.
group of 6 arriving at sju in january for 2 day precruise stay at hayatt dorado (85.00 nite through priceline, fyi) then on to connie for 7 day southern carribean.

my questions involve transportation from sju to dorado beach resort then to cruise ship pier on date of embarkation.

definately need a rental car but will require either rental car drop off in condado area for higher rates and no priceline mega-deal OR rental car return to sju and the guys take a taxi back to ship to embark. the problem with this taxi back to pier plan seems to be relieving our guys of thier luggage and allowing them to check in a celebrity pier prior to drop off of car at sju to make it easier for them.

looks like priceline price for sju to sju rental would be about 26is per day plus 15.00 taxi fare. hertz direct booking which is required for different drop off location is at least double that. anyone thoughts???

they have a location in condado area so you would be able to drop luggage off then return car to condado area but you may have a extra charge. also make sure your ins. covers you read some where else on threads that most don't enjoy your cruise toll free #1-800-331-1212

fyi...read elsewhere on line about Charlie's rental cars. a local but reliable company. with then you can pick up at sju and drop off in condado. they provide free shuttle to pier after drop off of car. cost will be 101.00 with full insurance for 2 days economy car. it may not be as cheap as priceline but if you added in all the fees and taxi fares it would probably beat even them. sounds like this is what i am going to do, unless someone posts horror story with charlies. ( i did a big web search for negative information and only found them to be recommended.)

[quote name='teegeezfun']fyi.... a sounds like this is what i am going to do, unless someone posts horror story with charlies. ( i did a big web search for negative information and only found them to be recommended.)[/QUOTE]

We go to PR every Christmas and we've been using Charlie's for several years now and have never had a problem. (Well, except for the year when some people did not return their cars at the appointed time and we had a longish wait to get ours.)

Charlies is a "no frills" operation. Their office is very small but the staff is friendly and their cars run! They hardly ever give you "free upgrades" but that's OK, too. They told me that, Yes, their Condado office drops you off at the pier.

Archived