Restaurant Louis XV Monte Carlo

Bruce4fun

Has anyone dined here? I know its expensive but a 1 time thing.

I understand the menu includes wines with a set course menu?

Do they have menus in English for those of us who don't speak French?

Also general Seabourn newbie question. Can one wear dark suit for formal night vs tuxedo? There is only 1 on our 7 day September voyage. Is a jacket required every other night in the main restaurant? In Restaurant 2 I understand one may just wear nice resort clothes?

I have been on Silversea, Crystal, Regent, etc already so I know the dress codes on them, and they did NOT require a jacket on the non formal nights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce4fun

Also general Seabourn newbie question. Can one wear dark suit for formal night vs tuxedo? There is only 1 on our 7 day September voyage. Is a jacket required every other night in the main restaurant? In Restaurant 2 I understand one may just wear nice resort clothes?

I have been on Silversea, Crystal, Regent, etc already so I know the dress codes on them, and they did NOT require a jacket on the non formal nights.

Thanks,

Bruce4fun

Available on Seabourn website :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Bruce4fun

We dined in the restaurant that has a roof that opens. We did not want the set course menu. We always loved the restaurant until the last time and were very disapointed. The menu was in french..but the waiters were helpful. We stayed at the Hotel de Paris one time and went back to the Hermitage...we found it more appealing and we were treated so much nicer. They serve breakfast in the courtyard and that is lovely. We will be dining @ the Hermitage as well next itme. Lola

Hi Bruce,

Last year we were in Monaco with the Prinsendam ( the former Seabourn Sun, now a HAL ship ).

We had lunch in the Louis XV in Hotel de Paris, where we had the set menu ( wine included ).

And yes , it was expensive, but we really enjoyed it , the perfect servive but still friendly with a genuine smile ( the way we like it ), a beautiful decor and great food.

The next time when we're again in Monaco , we'll return without any doubt ! So this gives a clue how much we enjoyed the Louis XV ! :-)

Kind regards,

ralf & johan

Bruce,

Just back from the Hermitage. I'm with Lola and Don on this one. Have tried both and the Hermitage wins, IMHO, hands down. A stunning dining room and immaculate service. Expensive?...........take several negotiable stocks with you:) . Jack

Tulip,

Yes correct. A friend had recommended a small bistro with Italian food we found quite enjoyable called The TipTop.

Informal and very reasonable, it's located next to the park. A mean plate of penne pasta and a salad with goat cheese to match. Mrs. Jack had a lovely plate of carpacchio (sp.?).

Look for the red awnings. Jack

Archived