Moorish Delights

Hi,

We are going on the Destiny for the Moorish delights and have loads of questions as it is our first cruise.

What are the cabins like on deck 7, the only comments I can see refer to decks 2, 3 or 4. Also is there formal nights, what happens if you don't want to get too dressed up?

For the day-trips, do you know if the boat (ship?) dock near the cities it visits (Almeria, Valencia, Cetna etc)? We would be interesed in doing our own thing at these ports but I don't know where to go to get information on these ports.

Any help would be really appreciated.

thanks,

Ballymac

Hi Ballymac

Not too sure what the cabins are like on Deck 7 I think we are usually on 6, but they are fine.

They do have formal nights on all the Thomson ships but if you don't want to go then you have an alternative self service buffet where you can eat. When we went on our first cruise on the Emerald we took all our fancy dressing up stuff and wore it once. The same the 2nd year on the Emerald. However, since then we have taken to eating in the self service buffet on all the other ships (apart from Celebration- have not been on that one)as we feel more comfortable. We do take nice clothes to change into in the evening, but we are not really into the long dresses and dinner suits, that's why we like Thomson cruises so much. They are less formal than a lot of the others.

Haven't done the Moorish delights cruise, but you will find that every night you get a cruise news letter which gives you details of the ports of call for that day. It will tell you how far you are from the City Centres and where you can get taxis etc. Also the Destination Services desk will help out with any queries.

Enjoy your cruise. I'm sure it won't be your last. Once you go on one you tend to get hooked like us. This year we are doing our 6th Thomson cruise and already booked for 2 weeks in the Carribean for March next year.

Janet

Archived