Murder mystery dinner

I will be on the Liberty this July with my family and was wondering if the Murder Mystery is offered on this ship and if so how do I go about signing up for it.

Also - is there an age restriction? As my children will be 13&14 at the time of the sailing.

Thanks in advance to all,

CM

Does anyone know if they have one on the Mariner? We are sailing on her in June and I do not remember the Navigator having one back in February. I would love to try this. We have done several land murder mystery dinners and all of our family really enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also interested in the murder mystery dinner and I was wondering what it's like. I've been to mystery dinners in restaurants where it's more of a show and the dinner guests try to solve the crime. I've also been to a mystery dinner on NCL and we were split up into groups of 8 or 10 and we each played a role. Each group played out their roles and every group had a murderer. Can anyone tell me how the one on FOS is played out? Thank you.

I did the one on the Serenade. It was a show where the diners get to guess who the murderer is through the clues they give you. It was entertaining. The only dissappointment was that they have a set menu with a few choices. You don't get to order off the regular Portofino menu.

We just got off the Serenade and did the murder mystery as well. It was ok. A bit campy and a little disappointing in that you did not get to choose from the full menu.

The menu was something like this:

Antipasto (prosciutto, grilled veggies, artichokes,etc.)

Choice of Soup of the Day or Caeser Salad

Choice of Entree - Grilled Shirmp on Veggies or Filet of Beef

Dessert was Tiramisu

Plus all the wine you can drink!

The menu is okay with me. My husband and I are traveling with 4 teenage girls (15-18) and there's something for everyone, so that will be fine. I would have been disappointed too if I didn't know about the menu ahead of time. So from what I understand, the mystery is more of a show with an opportunity to figure out whodunit than an interactive experience. Is that right? Do the clues really give you a fair shot at figuring out whodunit? We're murder mystery freaks in my house! Thanks.

Archived