Kauai Advice

jaydees

Will be on POA 1/2/05 - 1/9/05. While in Kauai we are looking for a beach horseback ride for at least 10 people. If anyone could recommend it would be appreciated. Also, am looking to golf while on Kauai and/or Kona. We are looking at Mauna Lani or Poipu Bay. If anyone has played either of these courses, I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

My husband will tell you that Poipu Bay is the best course he has played in Hawaii so far. 'nuf said I think!

Here is a site for courses, reviews, etc:
[url]http://www.hawaiigolfguide.com/[/url]

If you run out of cash, theres Kukuiolono Golf Course on Kauai....its $7 all day long. The owner wanted to create an inexpensive course to encourage learning the game. There is a nice story behind it.....but dont expect a championship course. ;)

I haven't had the chance to play Poipu Bay yet. Last time I was there the Canadian dollar just didn't allow it. $220 US translated into :eek: , However, I discovered Kiahuna golf course, just a few minutes away from Poipu Bay. A round of golf and a cart were about $65, and if you played again within a certain time, the second round was half price. It's a nice course, just not on the water. With the dollar higher now, I hope to play Poipu Bay on my next trip.

Archived