Suite next to penthouse suite

DaveOKC

I booked a suite on Freedom right next to a Penthouse Suite thinking that would be the best location. Now I am having second thoughts.

I was wondering if families or 4 adults normally book the Penthouse suites so they can get 4 into a room and if so is that a problem with noise?

DaveOKC

I booked a suite on Freedom right next to a Penthouse Suite thinking that would be the best location. Now I am having second thoughts.

I was wondering if families or 4 adults normally book the Penthouse suites so they can get 4 into a room and if so is that a problem with noise?

DaveOKC

I have stayed in the categary 11 right next to the Penthouse Suite. The Penthouse does have slightly bigger floor plan, but to me, the difference was so minor it wasn't worth the price to pay. The location? Well, to us, was great. I'm wasn't sure what you ment by this question.

When you ask about noise, are you referring to someone else's noise, or you own? We didn't have a problem with noise other than on the deck, our neighbors didn't know how to not have the balcony door slam. Gosh, you would think they wouldn't want to listen to it bang all the time. Inside the room was very quite.

So, not sure I answered your question, but would be willing to give it another try if I had more information.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

Thanks for the response. I just wanted to be sure that the Penthouse suites were not nosier (more people in them and/or more partying) than a smaller suite. Probably a dumb thought on my part, but I just wanted to check others experiences. I guess its just the luck of the draw how your neighbors will be!

DaveOKC

I would say it is just the luck of the draw as you stated. We just recently started booking suites and have found the noise level no different then any other cabin. I would "think" most suites are not booked as party rooms. But I could be wrong....;)

My parents have been booking suites for many years and I have not heard of a problem about the Penthouse Party Room......:cool:

We just stayed in a cat 12 on the Glory. One of cat 12's next door had at least 4 people in it. On the other side was a family of 4 with two toddlers. We never heard a peep from them other than the occasional slamming balcony door.

Now across the hall are some cat. 4D interior rooms, that is a different story. On the first night at about 3:15 in the morning, some chick was banging on the door across the hall and screaming 'Lashonda, Lashonda, Wake up!' over and over again. They sat on their vanity chairs across the hall from their door, blocking ours and others, and used the cell phones to no end. They also left their WC doubleparked in front of my door. I almost fell over it leaving one morning. :rolleyes:

Other than that, cat 11 or 12 on the Conquest class is fine.

We just stayed in a cat 12 on the Glory. One of cat 12's next door had at least 4 people in it. On the other side was a family of 4 with two toddlers. We never heard a peep from them other than the occasional slamming balcony door.

Now across the hall are some cat. 4D interior rooms, that is a different story. On the first night at about 3:15 in the morning, some chick was banging on the door across the hall and screaming 'Lashonda, Lashonda, Wake up!' over and over again. They sat on their vanity chairs across the hall from their door, blocking ours and others, and used the cell phones to no end. They also left their WC doubleparked in front of my door. I almost fell over it leaving one morning. :rolleyes:

Other than that, cat 11 or 12 on the Conquest class is fine.

What is a WC?

We had that same situation (inside across the hall) good golly it was terrible. They were young gals, so parents had to be somewhere? On the third night in a row, I quickly opened the door, in my bathrobe, and in my very best "Mommy voice", shouted GIRLS!! They aplogized and were quite as mice from then on. Of course, I was running the chance it would get worse! But, thankfully not.

Archived