In my honest opinion I was dissapointed in the Jewel. I think maybe because we sailed the Voyager and Adventure before the Jewel. I know I am in the minority here on CC but it was for us. Now don't get me wrong the ship is beautiful with all the glass. I think we just missed the Royal Promenade and other little things. We didn't like there only being one pool in the main pool area even though the adult Solarium pool was very nice. We also like the ice skating rink which the Jewel does not have. I don't know just my opinion. Guess that is why we booked the Freedom next. We still had fun though.:)

All of the reasons Sky616 stated why not to like the Jewel are all the reasons people perfer it. It certainly is a personal judgement and if you love all the bells and whistles on the Voyager and Freedom classes you mat not care for the Jewel and her sisters.

Neither of these mentioned the most important bit if information about the difference in the Radiance Class and the larger classes - - NUMBER OF PASSENGERS.

We had our BEST CRUISE EVER on the Mariner, because of the personal service we got from the Captain and the C.D. I agree with "Sky616" about all the good things on the Mariner - the Promenade especially. But......

The Voyager Class Ships feel CROWDED. Especially in the Windjammer and Dining Room.

If you want to compare the class of ships:

We LOVE the Radiance Class even better because there are 1000 less people on board. And all the other detail everyone else has posted about the Jewel are also good reasons.

Our "next" is Jewel AGAIN to do the Panama.

Hope This Helps.

Neither of these mentioned the most important bit if information about the difference in the Radiance Class and the larger classes - - NUMBER OF PASSENGERS.

We had our BEST CRUISE EVER on the Mariner, because of the personal service we got from the Captain and the C.D. I agree with "Sky616" about all

It has been my experience that it is quite the opposite. The Jewel last year and the first time we were on the Radiance, the crowds were maddening. The wait in Windjammer was horrendous. On the Radiance 2 weeks ago, it was more likely not to find a table than to find one. I have never had that problem on any of the Voyager or Freedom class ships. Trying to get from the dining room to the theater on the Radiance class is like maneuvering through rush hour in NYC. The Centrum was the same way. The only place that wasn't crowded was the pool deck, and that's because it's generally around 50 degrees when I'm on the Radiance class.

It has been my experience that it is quite the opposite. The Jewel last year and the first time we were on the Radiance, the crowds were maddening. The wait in Windjammer was horrendous. On the Radiance 2 weeks ago, it was more likely not to find a table than to find one. I have never had that problem on any of the Voyager or Freedom class ships. Trying to get from the dining room to the theater on the Radiance class is like maneuvering through rush hour in NYC. The Centrum was the same way. The only place that wasn't crowded was the pool deck, and that's because it's generally around 50 degrees when I'm on the Radiance class.

Tell the truth, mimikens;

You were on an Alaska cruise with about 2500 Senior Citizens, and they were all moving at about 1/4th the speed of smell. :D :p

Just Joking...... I'm a S.C. too, so don't start flaming me. :cool:

Tell the truth, mimikens;

You were on an Alaska cruise with about 2500 Senior Citizens, and they were all moving at about 1/4th the speed of smell. :D :p

Just Joking...... I'm a S.C. too, so don't start flaming me. :cool:

To be honest, all 4 cruises on the Radiance class were primarily SC passengers: Alaska, Transatlantic, Hawaii and British Isles/Norway. I am not a SC, and am a pretty fast traveler (even though I am not a teenager or 20 something). I can't imagine choosing a Radiance class for the Caribbean if a Voyager or Freedom class is available. But the Caribbean would have a younger average age than a longer more expensive cruise no matter what the ship.

We loved the Jewel and so will you.We just booked with the CCL valor in feb. because it was 1000 dollars cheaper for 2 for a week over RCCL price for similar intineray.If it were not for the savings i would cruise the jewel everytime.not one compalint.It was the perfect cruise ship just a little pricey.. We had room 9050..

Archived