MSP to LA; Miami to MSP

YooperGale

Hi,

We have tentatively (with a deposit) book air through Carnival. We did get a better price that way.

I have some questions I hope you can answer for me.

Does Carnival tend to use a cetain airlines?

Are there likely to be many changes of plane: Is there any chance of a non-stop flight?

Are they likely to fly us into LA the day before the cruise? If so,will they help us find a hotel?

How long before the cruise are we likely to get our documents? (Final payment isdueinearly January; cruise departs LA on 3/22/09)

Anything else you can tell me?

Thanks so much,

Gale from the Upper Penninsula of Michigan

Hi,

We have tentatively (with a deposit) book air through Carnival. We did get a better price that way.

I have some questions I hope you can answer for me.

Does Carnival tend to use a cetain airlines?

Are there likely to be many changes of plane: Is there any chance of a non-stop flight?

Are they likely to fly us into LA the day before the cruise? If so,will they help us find a hotel?

How long before the cruise are we likely to get our documents? (Final payment isdueinearly January; cruise departs LA on 3/22/09)

Anything else you can tell me?

Thanks so much,

Gale from the Upper Penninsula of Michigan

1. I am assuming you mean you placed the deposit for your stateroom and have CCL air on the booking.

2. Carnival will use the lowest fare possible they can secure and could be on any carrier in your market, none specific to really say. You will have no say-so in your flight schedule unless you elect to pay for an "air deviation".

3. There can always be the chance of changing planes, more than one connection is always possible, but I have seen non stop flights occur too !

4. I don't see any reason why they would fly you in a day early, and normally you would have been advised of that by the res. agent or TA you booked with. If you prefer to fly in a day early (A WISE DECISION IN MANY WAYS), you can set up a pre cruise hotel (at additional costs) within your booking and will not be charged any air deviation fee, but again, you will be at the mercy of the flights that Carnivals Air/Sea Dept. select for you.

5. If doing EDocs, you will be able to view them rather quicklly after your final payment has been made, but it will take a little longer if using the cruiselines air. If opting for Paper Documents.... usually w/ air involved, could be as late as 1 - 2 weeks before departure date before they will arrive to you or your TA.

While you do have air booked on your cruise at this time, you now have the option to look for air on your own and if locating a schedule and price that is better than what you are paying with Carnival, you can cancell your air portion on your booking up until final payment date w/out charge "from the cruiseline".

Many times when you are doing 2 one way legs as it appears you are doing, cruiseline air will be more favorable regarding costs, but again, you are at their mercy regarding flight schedules unless paying for an air deviation.

I am sure others on the boards will be able to add additional thoughts and comments to your questions... we are all a great bunch of people eager to assist when possible :D

Thanks Travel Angel, for all the info.

You're right that we've made a deposit on the cruise. I knew we could cancel the air portion. It's a tough decision.

One more question--if we use Carnival air and our flight is delayed,

what then?

Thanks again,

Gale

Thanks Travel Angel, for all the info.

You're right that we've made a deposit on the cruise. I knew we could cancel the air portion. It's a tough decision.

One more question--if we use Carnival air and our flight is delayed,

what then?

Thanks again,

Gale

Although you allowed Carnival to book your air for you, there is a myth that they will "Fix" any problems should they arise or they will "hold the ship" for you, those stories are far from the truth. Basically, they will provide you a toll free # to call and advise of the scenario, but you are ON YOUR OWN to deal with the air carrier for any problems that happen i.e. flight changes, cancellations, delays, missed flights, etc.....

Archived