Car Hire in Cannes - Any Info please?

Hi all

We will be Cannes (Tendered) on Aug 14th and would like to pre-book a hire car for the day.

Does anyone know what companies are in close proximity to the port and where they are situated?

I would be really grateful for any info - Thanks

If you are referring to rental car dealers there are several located right in town on Rue Antibes. We rent from Hertz and I believe Budget is located right across the street. These locations are about a 1 mile walk from the tender pier, but its a nice walk since you get to stroll right through the heart of Cannes (its all very flat). If you look at a Cannes map, the location of these offices is near the circle intersection of Rue d'Antibes and the large Blvd d'Alsace. We usually take one of the first tenders and try to get to the rental car dealer by 9. Be forewarned that there are often no taxis at the tender pier early in the day so you might have to do the walk. We did note that one gentleman walked to the rental car dealer, picked-up his car (he was there at the same time as us) and than drove back to the tender pier to pick-up his friends.

Hank

IS anyone familiar with the National Rental Car Office in the Residences Hotel?? I found a great rate much cheaper but can't seem to get a feel on how far it is from the port area. Anyone familiar with the area?

IS anyone familiar with the National Rental Car Office in the Residences Hotel?? I found a great rate much cheaper but can't seem to get a feel on how far it is from the port area. Anyone familiar with the area?

I will admit that this question drove me to my trusty maps. That rental car dealer is located at 12 Rue Latour Maubourg which is about the same walking distance as the other dealers (Hertz, etc) that I mentioned in my previous post. It would be about a 20 minute walk along the picturesque Croisette. National would be on the far side of town from the tender pier about 3 blocks past the famous Carlton. This road actually runs from the Croisette north to where Hertz is located.

Hank

Archived