Sun Princess Drydock- just curious

abbydancer2003

I've read on several posts about changes to the Sun Princess for the Australian market. Does anyone know what was done? I've sailed on the Dawn 3 times, and am curious as to what changes were made to the Sun. Are they going to do the same to the Dawn?

thanks.

From reports back from the AU market and others, they added many extra berths to the Sun (and soon will be done to the Dawn) increasing the passenger load onboard by several hundred. So many, that in fact there is not enough seats for dinner in the diningroom and many are subject to just the buffet for the entire cruise. This has been reported from others.

Also, no anytime dining, only traditional and the buffet, I am sure that is another reason they have run out of seats in the diningroom.

The onboard charges are charged in AU Dollars, not U.S. like other Princess ships, so they will be converted for those living in other countries.

I can't remember exactly what extras are being charged for now compared to before, but the pizza restaurant I think was one, also I think I read there was now a charge for room service onboard, that sort of thing. Lots of extra things being charged for that we have grown used to being included in the cruise fare.

Too many changes and too many passengers to interest us, even though the Sun is one of our favorite ships of all time when it sailed for Princess.

I am sure, when the Dawn heads south, the same changes will also be made to her for the Australian market.

Archived