Half Moon Cay

gottacruisesoon

Cabanas are only for rent when you board the ship. I didn't hear any jet ski's so I doubt they rent them. The large inflatables are apparently anchored in the water near the children's area. We rented large inner-tubes and really enjoyed them. I did think it was odd that when my granddaughter was injured on the waterslide on the island, someone came by and took our tubes from next to our lounges when we were taking care of her.:mad:

If you are booked on a HAL cruise you can reserve a Cabana ahead of time. Just go to the "book excursions" tab on the HAL website. If you are on a Carnival cruise you will have to wait until you board the boat to do so.

They go really fast too. Cabana's for our cruise opened up last Tuesday or Wednesday and were sold out by the weekend. There are only 15 of them on the island.

Hope that helps!

Melissa

Need info on snorkeling within walking distance of wherever they put you. I hear HMC is very similar to Labadee. The snorkeling really wasn't great; the water was clear, but there was no marine life to speak of. We are thinking of carrying our own snorkeling gear but if this is really just a beach port for sunning, we may not bother with this port.

I posted a similar post on the Grand Turk board, so if anyone knows the answer for either/both of these islands that would be grand!

We just don't want to pay for an excursion if we can do a little leg work on our own!

Thanks in advance, we are leaving in just a few weeks on a carnival cruise!

Archived