Dry dock for Radiance of the Seas

All the Radiance class recently had drydocks, mainly to add an additional engine to make them more efficient in port. At the same time they did superficial cosmetic things like carpet etc.

DRY DOCK THREAD

You can add this as one of your favorite threads and only have to click on your Quick Links to find it.

The Radiance just came out April 20th from a 2 week dry dock. As SueL said, they mostly fitted her engine for some upgrades. She will be Diesel instead of GTV, the captain said it would take 6 more months of work before she switches. There was also a little cosmetic work done (new carpet).

Also, I'm pretty sure there are wet saunas in the locker rooms. There is also the Thermal Suite which has the 3 or 4 different types of 'therapy" - there is a charge for this. But IMHO, it is worth is. ;)

Thank you both for the answers-I'll keep checking to find threads concerning this ship i.e. how many formal nights, tips, etc.

Thanks again!

If you are wondering about RCCL info... here is the link for the FAQ page.

Specifically to what you asked above... Formal nights.... tips.... again you can find the "etc" by clicking FAQ link above.

Have fun!

I just got off the Radiance a couple of weeks ago. There is a sauna and a steam room (I know for sure in the ladies locker room, but cannot say for the men!). There was no charge. They are on the same level as the spa. Many of the women in the sauna/steam room were getting ready to have a massage as they were having "Ladies Night" in the spa (facial, back and foot massage). It warms your muscles before a massage so you can relax more. If you are getting ready to go to Alaska, I think you will really enjoy this feature. Last year in Norway on the Jewel, I would go into the Sauna after the day in port. It was wonderfully relaxing and warming.

Also, the carpet on the 10th floor did not remotely look like it was replaced. That was the only place I saw where the carpeting in the hallway looked old. But then, I didn't wander down the hallways to other cabins. All the carpeting in the public areas looked nice though.

Archived