How far from Valletta to Mdna?

I saw two different posts for this one said minutes away and another said 25mn. Has anyone done this by taxi that could answer? I dont have long in por and was planning on catching a taxi for cake at Fontanella's.:D

The 25 minutes quote sounds about right. Our tour bus took about that long in April. Allow yourself about miniumum of 45 minutes to stroll around the old city. There are regular buses that run that route too and they should be a lot cheaper than a cab.

1HappyFam,

I will be going there next April,

Could you please post back on this thread when you return

your thoughts, what you did and how you did it, etc etc

A company that we have contacted is touringmalta.com

Sadly, we are only in this port for about 5 hours, and

with the research we've done ...

We would love to spend a minimum of 2 days in Malta

Thanks!

Mdina is well worth seeing and Maltese buses are great but not terribly fast. Hiring a car might be another option. Our daughter lives on Gozo (island off Malta) and we drive there regularly and find it quite easy, for us, as they drive on the left like here in the UK. Car hire is not expensive either. I would say 25 minutes to Mdina would be plenty of time by car but by bus I would expect well over an hour each way.

Zippercat- thanks for the info especially the 45min. but I must add time to eat cake at Fontanellos from what I hear:)

Where2next-With all the help you give on these boards you can bet I'll post for you when I return happy to return the favor:D I was going to just get a taxi though not driver for the day.

Paul&Kathy-What a great place to have to visit! Ugh the bus would kill too much time unfortunately it's a short port stop. I'd like to walk Valletta and get to Mdna too.

Lee Anne:)

Archived