Purchasing excursions/gifts before hand

trvldog

I am sailing in Sept. to Alaska

We wanted to get our excursions prebooked when you do this do they charge to a credit card you give them on line or does it go to your onboard account and you basically get with everything else you buy? ( I am hoping to purchase and pay for prior so all is paid off when we travel) I have had cruises do both so just wondering how HAL does it;)

Also I also plan to purchase gifts & spirits for myself & others in our cabin I know I pay for this with credit card I give them over the phone which takes me to this question if something god forbid happens and we are unable to take our cruise (Yes I have insurance :) ) but will the excursions and the onboard pre- purchased gifts be refunded automatically or do I need to work with the insurance to get those refunded separately (like I said only IF we had to cancel I do not plan to)- I just like getting extra stuff purchased and paid for before we sail but would hate to do this if these items are non -refundable

I am sailing in Sept. to Alaska

We wanted to get our excursions prebooked when you do this do they charge to a credit card you give them on line or does it go to your onboard account and you basically get with everything else you buy? ( I am hoping to purchase and pay for prior so all is paid off when we travel) I have had cruises do both so just wondering how HAL does it;)

Also I also plan to purchase gifts & spirits for myself & others in our cabin I know I pay for this with credit card I give them over the phone which takes me to this question if something god forbid happens and we are unable to take our cruise (Yes I have insurance :) ) but will the excursions and the onboard pre- purchased gifts be refunded automatically or do I need to work with the insurance to get those refunded separately (like I said only IF we had to cancel I do not plan to)- I just like getting extra stuff purchased and paid for before we sail but would hate to do this if these items are non -refundable

As Bob said, the purchases are charged to the dcredit card at the time of purchase.

IF something happens, you can cancel and get a credit to your card, but it depends on timing.

No, you can't rely on your cruise insurance to have these things cancelled automatically, you have to deal with Ship Services.

If it's more than 5 days before sailing, you can cancel on line or call Ship Services. If less than 5 days, you will have to call Ship Services. If within the 5 day window:

For things that are non-perishable, there shouldn't be a problem.

For excursions, there shouldn't be a problem.

For perishable items, such as food or flowers, there might be a problem.

I hope you enjoy the cruise!

When you purchase your gifts if you select the “deliver at embarkation” option you’ll be charged the Florida State sales tax if you’re sailing out of Florida. Have the items delivered after sailing to avoid the tax.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCC - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ’09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ‘07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Archived