Question for Islander....

Caligirl75

Hi Islander!

I'm getting married in October at St. Peter and Paul's Cathedral. We are arriving on the Carnival Triumph and the ceremony is at 3pm (should last 30 minutes). I'm not sure how close the church is to Havensight and was wondering if you think we will be able to get back to the ship by 4pm? From what I can find, we will have 4 ships in port with us that day. I know that can make traffic very busy and was wondering if 30 minutes would be enough time to get back to the ship.

Also, do you know anything about Just Cuts salon at the Havensight Mall? And, how long does it take to get from the courthouse to Havensight Mall with traffic at about 8:30 am.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

If you have a driver waiting, the ceremony starts on time, and lasts 30 minutes, you should be able to get to the ship by 4, even if traffic is heavy. Unless all those conditions are met, you're cutting it mighty close.

I know several people who get their hair cut at Just Cuts. I think they've got a new stylist who's highly recommended. The person who went to her earlier this week left for vacation yesterday, so I haven't seen her new cut. I'll give a more detailed opinion on them after I've seen her, and gotten her opinion.

Havensight to Sts. Peter and Paul is about 10-12 minutes in low traffic. It will be close trying to get married and back to the ship all within an hour, not impossiable if everything goes as planned, starts on time etc. Just Cuts has been around a while. Courthouse to Havensight is about 6-8 minutes in low traffic... 15-20 minutes in medium traffic.

--Islander

Thanks so much Ms411 and Islander! I really appreciate the information.

Ms411--Yes, please let me know more when your friend returns from vacation. Also, if you could get the person's name who comes highly recommended, that would be great too!! I'm a little nervous about getting my hair done for my wedding and would feel a lot better if I heard some positive feedback.

Thanks again!

Michele

Archived