Kayaking excursion?

ghgeckos

Princess has an excursion called Kayaking The Virgin Islands Marine Sanctuary in St. Thomas. Has anyone done this excursion. If so are the Kayaks one or two man kayaks, and is it a good excursion. I was looking for something besides the beach for my family.

We did this excursion a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much. It is a guided tour through a protected mangrove lagoon so the waters are very calm. The kayaks are two-person. A good excursion for a family. Don't know if you want to try booking this on your own because I think you would have to get yourself from the cruise ship out to their location which is near Red Hook. Their website is http://www.viecotours.com/. You can email them for more info.

We were just on this excursion last week, and it was great. We had a small group - three couples and one single; the couples were given two-person kayaks and the single had a single one. Our tour guide was very safety-conscious and extremely knowledgable about the mangroves and the surrounding ecosystem. The snorkeling on this excursion was my favorite thing about our entire cruise; the water was very clear and the group was small enough that the guide could point out interesting sites.

As for being "family friendly", I'm not sure what that means... the paddling was not very strenuous; I'm sure it'd be fine with older children.

Please feel free to email me if you have more questions - we had a great time on this excursion!

We have kayaked before with the kids. Each child rides with an adult. the oldest can help me paddle but the younger one just tells his dad which way to go. So basically if the kayak can hold two and they don't go too fast it would be a great excursion. We don't mind booking one excursion through the ship as long as it is well organized. We want the children to experience more than the beach and natural habitats are just our thing.

Archived