Shuttles/Cabs in Saint John

My party of 4 would like to explore Irving Nature Park after seeing Reversing Falls and Old City Market. Is there a shuttle with on/off to these destinations or are they within walking distance of Long Wharf? Should we look into renting a car to hit these three areas?

My party of 4 would like to explore Irving Nature Park after seeing Reversing Falls and Old City Market. Is there a shuttle with on/off to these destinations or are they within walking distance of Long Wharf? Should we look into renting a car to hit these three areas?

You can walk to Reversing Falls from Long Wharf along a trail called Harbour Passage. It's approx. 1 mile away. There is no shuttle bus available to the falls, however there will be a complimentary shuttle to take you to Market Square in the city centre. You can walk to where the shuttle bus goes in 10 minutes. You can catch a transit bus outside of the City Market and get off at the falls for $2.25 (#4 West). You'll need to cab it from Reversing Falls to Irving Nature Park. Cabs are relatively cheap compared to other cities - there are no metres - just set rates for zones. You won't need a rental car to see the City Market as parking will be an issue - if you rent a car I would see the market before or after the car rental. For the sites you mentioned I don't recommend a car rental - this is an old city with many one way streets, willy nilly streets and confusing intersections. For the cost of a car rental you can spend that money on cabs and let someone else do the driving.

Reversing Falls is on the way to Irving Nature Park, so I would do the City Market before or after that excursion. City Market is 10-12 minute walk from Long Wharf - or 2 minutes from the shuttle drop off point.

You can walk to Reversing Falls from Long Wharf along a trail called Harbour Passage. It's approx. 1 mile away. There is no shuttle bus available to the falls, however there will be a complimentary shuttle to take you to Market Square in the city centre. You can walk to where the shuttle bus goes in 10 minutes. You can catch a transit bus outside of the City Market and get off at the falls for $2.25 (#4 West). You'll need to cab it from Reversing Falls to Irving Nature Park. Cabs are relatively cheap compared to other cities - there are no metres - just set rates for zones. You won't need a rental car to see the City Market as parking will be an issue - if you rent a car I would see the market before or after the car rental. For the sites you mentioned I don't recommend a car rental - this is an old city with many one way streets, willy nilly streets and confusing intersections. For the cost of a car rental you can spend that money on cabs and let someone else do the driving.

Reversing Falls is on the way to Irving Nature Park, so I would do the City Market before or after that excursion. City Market is 10-12 minute walk from Long Wharf - or 2 minutes from the shuttle drop off point.

Acey----that made me chuckle---the part about NOT renting a car to see the City Market. They would wind up parking in the Brunswick Square or Market Square parking garages, just minutes from the ship and have just as far to walk to the City Market!!! :)

Archived