An absence of hand sanitizers on all RCCL ships?

If an outbreak is suspected, they'll break hand wipes as additional protection, but not until a problem is supsected.

If the cruise line isn't using the hand sanitizers because they don't work.....then why would they break them out when a problem is suspected?

We just returned from sailing on the Liberty a few weeks ago and hand sanitizer was everywhere! Crew members in all of the dining areas were stationed outside of the entrances to pass out Purell wipes. It's still a good idea to wash your hands frequently though...:)

So back to my original question.......

Are you posters finding the sanitizers on other RCCL ships??

Yes and no. We had them disembarking the ship, at the tender line area, but not in the Windjammer (go figure!) on the Monarch last December.

I just take my own, so it doesn't matter to me if they have the dispensers or not.

I also use it in local restaurants, and make my DH use it, too, and clean up the mouse and keyboard pretty regularly.

If the cruise line isn't using the hand sanitizers because they don't work.....then why would they break them out when a problem is suspected?

According to the Staff Captain who answered the same question on the ship, because they make people who don't know any better, feel better, and minimizes complaints.

OMG YOU PEOPOLE! why is there such an opposition to washing/sanitzing your hands?! When I was on liberty, they were handing out purell wipes to everyone at entrance to all eating facilies and i found out from our hed waiter that they rotate the tongs every hour. This is wonderful! yet, there were people that didn't want to use the wipes...why no? do not argue the effectiveness of them. I am a nurse and I know about hand washing, okay. Alcohol based hand sanitizers are as effective as handwashing on non soiled hands - that's what we do in the HOSPITAL! If it's good enough for the hospital, it's good enough for the cruise ship. Just use them! I still use my own hand sanitizers before I eat because I have seen people sneeze into their hands (yuck) and then touch the tongs that I have to use, but it's better than them coming straight from playing mini golf and then eating without washing. Let's not argue this, okay, lets just all wash frequently and use the sanitizers when water is not avaliable. :) My two cents.

• 4 weeks later...
We were on the Splendour last Oct. Greek Isles and they had the
sanitizers but we always carry a small bottle to use where ever we
are. Just the thought of feeling cleaner. Just look around and watch the number of people who do not wash their hands in the washrooms, I sure hope they keep the sanitizers just for these type of people, would you like to touch the serving utensils that these people touched? I heard a few people say when they were handed a squirt of the sanitizer, I just washed
my hands, excuse me take the squirt its people like you who may have
thought you washed your hands but could be the one to spread the
disease.
Will be on the JOS 9/08 should be interesting to see if they have kept
the sanitizers.

Archived