Anyone tried PGX?

Iceberg2

We been using PGX and have had success in starting to lose weight again. Its an on going battle and as we get older its harder to do. I am basically following Weight Watchers as its straight forward and healthy. My husband has to be on low sodium, so reading labels is a new pastime. PGX is a product that contains fibre and helps keep the hunger pains away by having a more level sugar balance. Its working as far as we are concerned. I have been battling weight lost for years, down 12 lbs. and at least another 30 to go. Would like to know if anyone else has tried PGX and did they have success.?

• 2 weeks later...
We been using PGX and have had success in starting to lose weight again. Its an on going battle and as we get older its harder to do. I am basically following Weight Watchers as its straight forward and healthy. My husband has to be on low sodium, so reading labels is a new pastime. PGX is a product that contains fibre and helps keep the hunger pains away by having a more level sugar balance. Its working as far as we are concerned. I have been battling weight lost for years, down 12 lbs. and at least another 30 to go. Would like to know if anyone else has tried PGX and did they have success.?

Hi Iceberg2,

I am just starting PGX and it was recomended by my Doctor who also takes it. There are three of us at work who have just started and so far so good. Good luck and I hope we all do well. :)

It sounds interesting.Where do you get it and are there any high fiber side effects:o ?

How many points are in it if any? and does it have any other nutrients in it like vitamins?

There are no points for the pills, they do not contain vitamins, and can be found in health food stores, even WalMart in Canada is selling it. Look it up on the internet - there is a lot of information out there. I bought the book, but is basically gives straight forward proper eating and exercise advice.

Right now, I have no side effects, it helps me eliminate a little easier as I am mostly constipated, have not lost weight this week, but that was because I ate very badly one day this week in a restaurant. I don't have the usual cravings between meals and that's a good sign. I am back on track this week, but will be out of town for 5 days, and will do my best to make healthy choices. As I mentioned before, losing weight even when I am 100% does not come easy. I also get to the gym at least 2 times a week and try to walk as often as I can.Good luck.

There are no points for the pills, they do not contain vitamins, and can be found in health food stores, even WalMart in Canada is selling it. Look it up on the internet - there is a lot of information out there. I bought the book, but is basically gives straight forward proper eating and exercise advice.

Right now, I have no side effects, it helps me eliminate a little easier as I am mostly constipated, have not lost weight this week, but that was because I ate very badly one day this week in a restaurant. I don't have the usual cravings between meals and that's a good sign. I am back on track this week, but will be out of town for 5 days, and will do my best to make healthy choices. As I mentioned before, losing weight even when I am 100% does not come easy. I also get to the gym at least 2 times a week and try to walk as often as I can.Good luck.

Thanks. I looked up the website and it isn't available anywhere near me yet.. but I will keep looking. It sounds like it may have some of the same benefits as the antidiabetic drug my sister is starting to take.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm down 37 pounds since mid-March. I use the granules and add them to orange juice or healthy cup of soups.

Finally something that Canada got before the US.

I'm down 37 pounds since mid-March. I use the granules and add them to orange juice or healthy cup of soups.

I have not seen the powder form here - the pills cost about $56.00 for 240 and I get a senior discount of 10% at the health food store. Where did you find it?

I am still not losing, and my dh is down 15lbs, but between the pills, watching what we eat and the gym - I am slimming down, but the scale is not budging.

I have not seen the powder form here - the pills cost about $56.00 for 240 and I get a senior discount of 10% at the health food store. Where did you find it?

I am still not losing, and my dh is down 15lbs, but between the pills, watching what we eat and the gym - I am slimming down, but the scale is not budging.

I agree that it seems harder to find the powder than the pills but keep checking health food stores. You can also find them on some websites that sell PGX.

The advantage of the powder is that you can add it right to your juice, soup or any liquid and it thickens it and you feel full almost immediately.

It costs between $35 - $40 and it should last at least 2-3 weeks.

• 2 months later...

Just saw this post I sent in July. I'm now down 52 pounds. Still adding PGX powder to soups or drinks to fill me up at meal times.

Down 6" in the waist and 1" around the neck.

As an aside I also dropped one of my diabetes meds - Actos - which does have a potential weight gain side effect, so to be fair that probably helped in the weight loss too. Getting along fine with a couple of metformin per day.

Just saw this post I sent in July. I'm now down 52 pounds. Still adding PGX powder to soups or drinks to fill me up at meal times.

Down 6" in the waist and 1" around the neck.

As an aside I also dropped one of my diabetes meds - Actos - which does have a potential weight gain side effect, so to be fair that probably helped in the weight loss too. Getting along fine with a couple of metformin per day.

I wish I could have the same success as you. Have not been taking the pills lately on a regular basis - must restart again as it did help to control the eating between meals. Keep up the good work. Wow 52 lbs is amazing

Archived