C - SIK -- What part of ship is the most stable?

GOTTA-GO

You won't want to spend all your time in just one area of the ship. Plan now on the type of motion sickness meds you want. Chances are you won't get sick, but it is better to be prepared. If you do get seasick, moving to the center of the ship won't help.

As mentioned, midships on a lower deck is about the minimum movement - Plaza or Cdntinental decks in your case. If you're really prone to seasickness,. scopolamine patches (require prescriptions in the US, OTC in Canada) can help a lot, if all else fails, go get a shot in the bum from the ship's doctor.

Be very careful combining seasickness meds with each other, other medications or alcohol - there are some serious contraindications, IIRC

Stick to the middle! I think that is a good plan. My travel agent told me when selecting a cabin to think of a pencil. Now, hold it by the tip, and move it side to side. The least amount of movement is towards the bottom and at the center of the pencil. This may not be true, but it's advice I've taken.

Good Advice - if you have motion sickness problems, you need to stick to mid-ship and a low as you can getfor your cabin. Some people swear by an inside because then they can't see the ship's movement. Ask your doc about anything that will help. DIL did in Sept. and she was mostly fine, just took a few gravol when she felt the motion. She even did her 5 mile run every day on board and never noticed any motion.

Archived