Amazing Cozumel Race

FunShipAddict

• 2 weeks later...

Do a search for Race Fantastique. That's what they were calling it a year ago- so I'm not sure when they changed the name to appeal to more American sensibilities. But I read about 3 reviews. I remember the general tone being- you walk through the streets of Cozumel... game isn't that great... you cover a lot of ground... some not the best areas... but it was ok.

But do a search, you should come up with something. Good luck.

OK, we did the race. It was a blast and no you do not go into areas that are unsafe. We NEVER felt like we were in danger. The game is what you make it. If you wanna walk around and complain about things, then well you probably don't like your cruise either. The hosts were fantastic. They truly care about their product and they work hard to keep you all having the most fun. PLus if you ever get to a point where you think you have strayed into trouble you use the little cellphone they give you and you can call and cry for help. You get to see parts of Coz that you probably wouldn't see unless you do the race.

Yes it is only a carnival excursion, but it is NOT run by carnival.

All I can say is that the HOSTS really really care about thier product, they were super fun to deal with. Very personable if you get a chance to sit with them at the end of the race.

It was a blast, we did rush through things at times simply because we are competitive, but we didn't feel like we missed anything. We enjoyed every minute.

We have several wanting to do this on our 9/20/08 cruise. I read where you need to swim in the ocean? I' m ok to snorkle but not for super long times. The description given is very vague so we're not sure what to expect. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

We have several wanting to do this on our 9/20/08 cruise. I read where you need to swim in the ocean? I' m ok to snorkle but not for super long times. The description given is very vague so we're not sure what to expect. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

there is a clue hidden in the water but it doesn't need to be brought up, it can simply be viewed and then passed on to those in the boat. Only one person needs to swim, OR in our case since the waves were a bit rough, we had a glass bottom boat that we took out. NO problems.

Thanks

there is a clue hidden in the water but it doesn't need to be brought up, it can simply be viewed and then passed on to those in the boat. Only one person needs to swim, OR in our case since the waves were a bit rough, we had a glass bottom boat that we took out. NO problems.

Thanks

I checked out the link and the pictures certainly make it look like a lot of fun. I think we'll go for it - I really love that kind of thing!

Thanks so much for the positive review. Maybe more people will also give it try.:p

Is this only for Carnival Cruises? I am interested in going next week w/Royal Car.

Last I heard it was ONLY carnival. They are still pretty new just over a year old. the originally contracted with Carnival and were able to provide for the funships only. They got their contract renewed and are working with the entire carnival line, but are still private to that label.

So did you have to pay to rent the glass bottom boat? Or is a part of the game? I was just wondering if there was a lot of extra cost(s) to find the clues.....

Archived