Livingston

Travel Lover

Anyone who has been to this port is there plenty of ways to get to Livingston from the port without taking a tour? I wondered if there are cheaper tour operators or just taxis that we can take there and back? I would like to just spend time there shopping etc and then go back. I do not really want to pay $45 a person to get there and back from the ship tour. What do you recommend us doing? Family of 4 (two small kids)

Hi!

We were in Livingston in May (after a trip on the Rio Dulce) and came back to the ship by launch....a beautiful ride. We were delivered directly to the cruise dock. No need for a taxi.

My guess is that if you explore the posts and threads on this board, you'll find a way to get a boat driver to come and get your family at the cruise dock from Livingston and then take you back. The town is easily explored on foot, safe, and great fun.

You might also try a Google of Livingston or Santo Thomas for private transportation...and somewhere in the back of my mind I think that I read about a ferry service as well.

I hope this is helpful.

murphysmum:)

Hi...

In response to your question, I planned all of our Central American stops through www.tropicaldiscovery.com. I've used them for land tours in the past and they were very happy to set me up with private cruise day tours.

We were driven to Rio Dulce and there boarded the "Maria Claret", owned by Alfredo Alvarez. He was an amazing guide and we were well-pleased (I've written about this trip more extensively on a couple of other threads.) with our river trip, stop in Livingston and ocean transport to the ship. Alfredo speaks primarily Spanish and his email is transmariaclaret@yahoo.com.

Tropicaldiscovery can easily book English speaking guides for anyone who prefers English only.

murphysmum;)

Archived