Pride of America

scottyo72

Does anyone have any information on the Deluxe Family Penthouse (AC suite) on Pride of America? Pictures would be great, too. I have been to NCL.com and read the description, but the floor plan obviously does not match the shape of the cabin on the deck plans. I have also searched the forum, and there seem to be a few similar questions, but no one posts a report when they get back.

I also wonder why NCL.com does such a poor job of documenting the suites. I also looked at an AG family suite, and not only was the floor plan wrong, but the description didn’t match the description the NCL agent had in her system. There are some other problems in the POA pages that are not worth nit picking about, but it’s really ridiculous to have so much blatantly wrong information on there after the ship has been in service this long.

Oh well, cruising Hawaii without knowing all the details is pretty good as worst case scenarios go, so we’ll roll with it, either way.:)

I can tell you about suite 9500 in the AC category. We had it last October and we LOVED it!! My husband and I went with my Mom. The suite has an area with a king size bed, bathroom and dressing area/walk in closet. There is a short hallway (with additional storage space) into the main seating area. There is a love seat, chair, desk, flat screen TV, cabinets (upper with wine glasses) a coffe maker and refrigerator. Down another short hall there is a separate area (with a door) that has a bedroom, lots of closet space, a desk, bathroom and LOTS of room.

The balcony curves out front. It is wide and narrow, but still nice. The view is SPECTACULAR!!!

I have pictures, but I have never had any luck attaching them in my post. Sorry!

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much. And I see someone else who will be in one of those suites is here as well.

If you want to share some pictures, I'm scottyo72@yahoo.com

Thanks again for your response and information. We're booked in an AC on October 4.

I can tell you about suite 9500 in the AC category. We had it last October and we LOVED it!! My husband and I went with my Mom. The suite has an area with a king size bed, bathroom and dressing area/walk in closet. There is a short hallway (with additional storage space) into the main seating area. There is a love seat, chair, desk, flat screen TV, cabinets (upper with wine glasses) a coffe maker and refrigerator. Down another short hall there is a separate area (with a door) that has a bedroom, lots of closet space, a desk, bathroom and LOTS of room.

The balcony curves out front. It is wide and narrow, but still nice. The view is SPECTACULAR!!!

I have pictures, but I have never had any luck attaching them in my post. Sorry!

Hope this helps!

I agreee with Love to Cook. We were in 9500 in April and we had no clue what it would look like until we walked in since we couldn't find pictures either. In addition, because the cabin is forward, when the captain does the sailby of the lava going into the ocean, that balcony is the place to be! You start to see it as a small red speck and get to watch it get bigger and bigger. Going past the Napoli coast was also magnificent!

Enjoy it, you are so lucky!!!!

Thanks so much. And I see someone else who will be in one of those suites is here as well.

If you want to share some pictures, I'm scottyo72@yahoo.com

Thanks again for your response and information. We're booked in an AC on October 4.

I sent 2 batches of photos this morning in zip files. Hope they help!

If anyone else would like a few pictures, let me know and I can send them.

I'm jealous that I'm not going back!!!!!:D

Thanks so much for that attempt, for some reason that account is now appearing as srsmail@yahoo.com so if you have time to shoot them there, it would be great.

Again, many thanks. All of us past and future AC suite guests will stick together and figure this out!

Scotty

I got a delivery failure notification on the e-mails I sent. For some reason they didn't go through.

I sent them - hope they come through without any problems!!

Do you need anyone to help with your luggage??? I am available and I can sleep on the balcony!!!!:D

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love it. We have room for one and you are welcome.:)

• 2 months later...

Even though this thread is two months old I'm hoping someone will take pity on me and email me some family penthouse pics as well.

I just booked our family into #9500 for the 3.21.09 sailing - we're so excited!

If anyone (especially Love To Cook) has pics I would love to see them - rploetz@kw.com.

Thanks!

Try this link.

http://www.travelpod.com/travelblogphotoalbums/bakasyonista/6/1218261480/0/12/YES/tpod.html

I also have Love to Cook's pictures. I assume it would be Ok to share them, since they were sent out right away with no qualifiers. Let me know if you want me to send them. I plan to have a lot more to share after we get back in October.

It drives me crazy that NCL's website shows blatantly wrong floorplans for the AC's. What's up with that?

Even though this thread is two months old I'm hoping someone will take pity on me and email me some family penthouse pics as well.

I just booked our family into #9500 for the 3.21.09 sailing - we're so excited!

If anyone (especially Love To Cook) has pics I would love to see them - rploetz@kw.com.

Thanks!

Archived