Kauai Helicopter – What else?

eki

Hi! I have a couple questions. :) We’ll be in Kauai from 7:30-6. My husband and I were planning on taking a helicopter ride after I’ve read all the reviews…

What time should we book the helicopter trip for and how long should we plan on being gone? (I know the earlier the better.)

What else could we do for the remaining time? I think that there’s not much right off the port. I’ve read about tubing the ditch… We’re open for anything that might be cool! (We’re planning on snorkeling in other ports – so we don’t have to do this in Kauai.)

Also, if there is something else you would recommend besides the helicopter, please let me know.

Thanks!!!

You can check out the kinds of excursions on each island through http://www.tombarefoot.com. I'm booking Island Helicopter on Kauai. I think all of the Waimea Canyon trips are in the morning. The Napali Coast is supposed to be gorgeous. Maybe you can find an afternoon sail. There are lots of things available. You just need to decide what you want to do. You can call Tom Barefoot. I spoke with Rose there for over 1/2 hour. I told her what docks we would be in and what times we would be there. She can tell you what will pick up and what you have time to do. Have fun. I'll be there in March and can't wait!!

They were great. We walked off the ship and booked our 50-minute helicopter ride right at the pier, saving money. It was a highlight of our trip. Altogether, you're gone a couple hours. We even bought the video offered afterwards and glad we did. We have enjoyed it several times since returning home. :)

• 2 weeks later...
They were great. We walked off the ship and booked our 50-minute helicopter ride right at the pier, saving money. It was a highlight of our trip. Altogether, you're gone a couple hours. We even bought the video offered afterwards and glad we did. We have enjoyed it several times since returning home. :)

Whick helicopter company did you go with. How much in savings over booking through cruise lines. We are heading over in September and are looking at alternatives to booking all shore activities with cruise lines

The helicopter tour was the absolute best thing we did. It was incredible and worth every penny. I wish I had scheduled one for every port. We booked weeks beforehand online with Island Helicopters in Kauai. They picked us up at the pier for the first ride of the day. It cost us about $50 less per person than booking the excursion thru the ship. We got back to the ship at 11am or so. My husband continued back to the ship but I caught a shopping shuttle at the pier and did some shopping for a few hours.

We flew with Air Kauai on the 8th of Oct. We took a short cab ride from the pier, $10, and checked in around 9:30am. The flight was awesome! There were a few rain showers, so we got beautiful pics with rainbows. My Mom was with me and felt totally comfortable at all times. Our pilot, Byron, was so professional, fun, informative, gave all an opportunity for pictures. The ride was smooth...choose a morning flight. Air Kauai was not the least expensive, but we chose after researching safety record, type of helicopter, etc. Worth every cent! Enjoy!

Archived