Crown & Anchor question

My wife and I have 2 completed cruises each and are booked for a third in November. My question regards the eligibility for Platinum status. Are we required to have 5 cruise credits each to reach Platinum or are our credits combined (we will have a total of 6 after the next cruise)? Thanks for your help.

My wife and I have 2 completed cruises each and are booked for a third in November. My question regards the eligibility for Platinum status. Are we required to have 5 cruise credits each to reach Platinum or are our credits combined (we will have a total of 6 after the next cruise)? Thanks for your help.

As Boltman so eloquently said ... ;) ... you don't add your credits, as your C&A status is yours, and you wife's C&A status is hers. However, the good news is that, if you take a cruise without your DW, or vice versa, the entire household is able to benefit from the number of cruises for the person with the greatest number. As an example, our daughter has only been on one 3-night cruise, in an F1 (oceanview) cabin. However, because I have 28 cruise credits, she is a Diamond Plus!

The other thing is that there are ways to earn more credits for a particular cruise, than just the 1 you get for being on the sailing. A cruise in a suite cabin earns you an extra cruise credit. Also, cruises of over 12 days earns an additional cruise credit. Thus, a 12-night cruise in a JS would earn you 3 cruise credits. Make sense?

You clearly need to book more cruises! :D ~ LL

So, Crown and Anchor is the equivalent to CCL's Platinum status member?

Only diff is CCL is the 10th and RCI is the 5th?

I don't know what CCL's loyalty program structure is. On RCI, you are Gold after your first cruise, Platinum after completing 5, Diamond after 10 and Diamond Plus after accruing 24 cruise credits. If Platinum on CCL is their highest level, it would probably be equivalent to Diamond on RCI. Perks improve with each level of RCI's loyalty program. While I assume that this is also the case with Carnival, I'm not familiar with the benefits that are attached to each level of their loyalty program. Perhaps you can elaborate.:)

Archived