Galveston weather in the spring?

X2M

Hello all!

We are looking to book a cruise in the spring of 2009 aboard the Conquest.

We are looking at the months of March and April. What are the pros and cons of this time of year? Spring storms or fair weather?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

:)

Hello all!

We are looking at the months of March and April. What are the pros and cons of this time of year? Spring storms or fair weather?

The weather will be quite nice in either month but I'd chose April... Spring break is pretty much over and the last cold fronts of the year will have probably been through by then.

The concern with the fronts is that as they push out to sea they create waves... the stronger and windier the front the higher the waves...

The weather will be quite nice in either month but I'd chose April... Spring break is pretty much over and the last cold fronts of the year will have probably been through by then.

The concern with the fronts is that as they push out to sea they create waves... the stronger and windier the front the higher the waves...

Thanks for the info.

Easter is April 12th next year right? Don't 'spring break' and Easter happen at the same time?

Thanks for the info.

Easter is April 12th next year right? Don't 'spring break' and Easter happen at the same time?

Around here spring break occurs usually in mid-March. Now sometimes Easter is in March, but not often. Usually spring break is over by the time Easter rolls around.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :o So, even if we sail the week before or the week after Easter we should be ok?

I am so excited about this cruise! I have never been to the Caribbean or that part of Mexico. And this is our freebie cruise!! Thanks Carnival!!

Thanks for the info.

I sailed on April 3rd this year and all the Spring Breakers had already broken!!!

:D

My only concern would be...(and not this is THAT major)...but in the Spring...(and sometimes...almost ANYTIME)...but it does seem a little more prevelant in the Spring...but Galveston can often get heavy fog in the mornings. Sometimes the fog is sooooo heavy...that the ships can't go in or out of port. I would book your trip and have a great time...but be aware...that if its really foggy...there could be some delays!

Hello all!

The weather at the coast is so nice in the spring, in the 80's. They do have storms and it can and does get a bit humid. I would go with mid March or April. Winter is very nice on the Texas Gulf Coast, but spring IMO, can be almost perfect.

Archived