Cab Fare from LAX to Long Beach Pier?

Ashiepooh2

Cruising on the Carnival Pride at the end of August. Anyone have any idea how much cab fare would be from LAX Airport to the Long Beach Pier? There will be 3 of us. I know that Carnival charges $26 per person, each way. That would be $78 for all three of us! I can buy a lot of drinks for $78? Does anyone know where I could get that info? Thanks.

We took the Super Shuttle (ride share van). It was like $16 per person each way. It took a little longer due to the extra 2 stops for others sharing the ride, but not that much.

I bet cab fare would be high, its about a 45 minute ride from LAX to the pier. Times may vary due to traffic though.

Yes, there is a special area for the shuttles and taxis. There will be a little check-in stand there with attendants.

Yes, you do need to call them and make reservations. They will be able to give you an approximate pick up and arrival time. Just make sure you give yourself enough time so you don't have to rush at the pier.

Thanks again. Did you do a percentage? Like 10j-15 or 20% of the total fare or did you just have a dollar amount in mind and let him have that? You're the only one that's answering me. Thank you for that!

I would probably do the standard 15-20% like anything else.

Our driver was very nice and loaded/unloaded all our luggage, so I think I gave him a $10 for about a $40 total fare.

Archived