Your recommendation for a cruise with 2 young boys...

Jen516

I would love your advice on which cruise line and/or ship to look into for our next family vacation. We are looking for Feb 2009 and would like a ship that will be accommodating for our 2 boys, ages (then) 4 and almost 2.

We are considering Disney (seems expensive) but would also do one of the other lines as well (RCCL, Princess, etc)

Is Disney really worth it for the little ones?

Any advice on which ships are the best for this?

Recommendations on types of cabins? (I think we will get a balcony so we have a place to go when the kids sleep at night)

TIA for any advice!

Jen

ps. We have sailed on RCCL, Princess, and Carnival before, and have taken our older son on a RCCL cruise when he was one and had a great time. Just not sure with two kids!

We just went on Carnival with a 4 yo and 23 mo old and 5 mo old. The one disadvantage with Carnival is the kid's club starts at age 2. They do allow you to take your 1 yo for a play time between noon and 2 but the 4 yo wouldn't be allowed in the kid's club at the same time. We had grandma to help us out with the little ones so it wasn't too bad for us. The 4 yo had a blast and can't wait to go again.

Mandy -- thanks for this info! This will definitely rule out Carnival for me.

I used RCCL's in-cabin babysitting last time with my older son and it was awesome. DH and I did the later seating and got to spend time with our son all day and then with each other alone at night. I loved it! I guess I should look at some lines that have that, since I have the age requirements.

I think Celebrity does this too?

Archived