Theme evenings - British and Country & Western

We've just had the documents for our end of July cruise through and, although having cruised with FO before we've never done theme evenings.

It would be great if anyone could enlighten us on what the British and Country & Western evenings entail.

British - suggests red, white & blue, formal but what else…?

C&W - suggests checked shirts, jeans, boot lace ties and cowboys hats, does that work…?

Any suggestions VERY greatfully received, especially as packing for a cruise is a pain at the best of times!

thanks

We've just had the documents for our end of July cruise through and, although having cruised with FO before we've never done theme evenings.

It would be great if anyone could enlighten us on what the British and Country & Western evenings entail.

British - suggests red, white & blue, formal but what else…?

C&W - suggests checked shirts, jeans, boot lace ties and cowboys hats, does that work…?

Any suggestions VERY greatfully received, especially as packing for a cruise is a pain at the best of times!

thanks

Theme nights are normally designated casual although you will find a mixture of casual and informal especially on British Night with some men wearing Red/White/Blue Ties. As its a fairly easy theme most people try to incorporate at least one colour. Ladies tend to have a dress or skirt and top in the colours.

Western - some go all the way with cowboy boots, jeans, hats ect but as you say these are a pain to pack. Most will wear a checked shirt.

Hope this helps, enjoy your cruise

Olsen gives out bandanas ,in red,blue or white .You can keep them so if you don,t pack anything special for the CW evening ,you can put one of these round your neck and shout "yeeha".

Oh goody…

Thanks for the replies.

The British night looks like it could be straightforward, my wife is packing a plain blue dress and will accessorise as needed. Being English I thought I might find my red bow tie and go to dinner in my DJ, we'll see!

C&W, I have no great love for country & western (although J Cash is a god) but we have a surprising amount of check shirts, jeans and boot lace ties between us so that looks easy.

Archived